IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

+49
FiachraW
markwilson
nowhereelsetogo
AlmightySavoisien88
Russian Blue Cat
MMDC
turtleexpress
Dab_Tsog
Dual1ty
RisinHorizon
observer
Torus_Ouroboros
Bro
Amitchelld
Realearth
Dabbin Good
tristancobane
iwanttobefree
starfox42
Real World
Slingshot
superuserdo
Zer0R
Lightning_Peasant
Honestly
Wisdom1
liamhendo1990
Just Vital
Shattered
Foreverlearning
Illuminati? You mean jewz
thugnastylol
Schpankme
ShillKiller
anarcho vegan
vortexpuppy
putontheglassesagain
gb9
Kostas
Wondering Man
vortexkitten
mitch
Beashambassador
csp
Thinkforyourself
biggambler
Paranoid Gramdroid
lizardking
Admin
53 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

Post by Admin Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

Post by Wondering Man Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Wondering Man

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_nwa2pyUjRR1rpdwl9o1_540

Rescue Exposes Free Range, Organic Hens Worse Off than Caged

By Marji Beach | October 15, 2015      

Tucked down a country road is a farm raising “pasture-based” hens for egg production. Peering into the field, it’s hard to see the pasture. I see acres of dirt and a sea of red hens. Presumably it is green when there isn’t a four-year drought. Chickens dart in front of our vehicles as we pull into the driveway.
A dozen eggs sell for $7.99. These are the eggs consumers switch to when they hear 95 percent of hens live in cages so small they cannot turn around. The kind of eggs people feel “good” about buying.

But there is a dark side to organic, free-range, pasture-based farming – a side that farmers do not want you to see.

We are at this farm to rescue several hundred hens. I meet an employee who signs us in and sprays down our vehicles, boots, and crates with an iodine mixture.
“How many chickens do you have here?” I ask.
“Oh, I don’t know,” he replies, and looks out at the chickens. “Too many.”
Okay. I ask an easy question,

“So, what breed are the chickens we are picking up?”
He didn’t know that, either. Or their age. Or whether they had ever been vaccinated. His best guess is 5,000 chickens, with 5,000 one-month-old chicks cheeping in a barn nearby.
The farm hand directed us to the “barn” where the “older” hens lived. We could only guess their age – they were ending their first molt, when chickens lose their feathers to replace them with new ones. That would put their age at 16-22 months. Old, by industry standards.
We cautiously drove our van and trailer to the “barn,” a movable tractor-shed with plastic shades partially drawn down. The birds are not locked up at night, and lower-ranking hens clump together outside the shed. Their only predator protection comes in the form of two “livestock” guardian dogs. In the mobile shed, the feces from the birds drops below a wire mesh floor, but the smell is unpleasant. Each mobile shed houses 800-1,200 hens, producing “organic” eggs. At Animal Place, we might put 400 hens in a comparably sized barn until they’re adopted.
It’s dusk, making it easier to catch the hens as they roost. Immediately, we set to work gently taking hens off the perches. I notice one chicken with a large comb and elegant tail feathers – a rooster! Usually ground up alive at hatcheries, this lucky boy somehow survived. I make sure to grab him.
There are hens with crossed beaks and broken beaks, indications of malnourishment. Some of the hens are severely de-feathered, a sign they have not received adequate protein during their molt. To produce organic eggs from free-range hens.
After an hour, we successfully save 508 hens (well, 507 hens and one rooster). Every rescue is uplifting – there is nothing more amazing than directly freeing animals who would otherwise be slaughtered. Animal Place is the only sanctuary in the US rescuing such large numbers of animals. This rescue brings us to a total of 17,995 saved since 2010, most of them hens from the egg industry.

We do not realize how ill the hens are until they arrive at our adoption center and are health-checked.

Because this farm is organic, they never use antibiotics. While misuse of antibiotics is rampant in animal agriculture, with 80 percent of all antibiotics fed or administered to otherwise healthy animals, antibiotics should be used to treat sick animals. These hens suffered for days, possibly weeks, with a painful respiratory illness that antibiotics would help. At Animal Place, all chickens were put on a regimen of appropriate antibiotics.

Two dozen hens have eyes missing from untreated sinus infections. Twenty-eight have infections so severe that their sinuses have swollen into their tracheas and eyes. The most ill are receiving daily care at our permanent sanctuary including treatment with two types of antibiotics, pain medications, and probiotics. For organic, eggs. Several hens are severely de-feathered, common when molting chickens are not fed a proper diet. Others have damaged beaks from malnutrition.
Why do we rescue hens from pasture-based farms?
It may surprise the conscientious consumer, but these hens are more ill than those recently rescued from cages at a conventional battery cage facility. More importantly, rescue is what we do. These chickens faced a brutal, violent slaughter, although they could live another 4-8 years.

Organic. Free-range. Pasture-based. These terms may make consumers feel better, but the reality is harsh for the birds.

With the exception of the one rooster we saved, 5,000 other day-old male chicks were ground up alive at the hatchery where these hens were born. The hens themselves are sick and received no medical care. When they reach two years old, if not sooner, they are sent to slaughter or gassed to death, and their bodies abandoned in landfills.
Their only value is in producing eggs: organic eggs. Cruelty is normal when profit trumps compassion. If you want to help hens, please stop eating their eggs — even organic, eggs from free-range or pastured hens.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:24 am

A good video to show people how easy it is to swap out some basic animal products with off the shelf vegan products:

Also, this indian woman I found on YouTube does some great high carb indian dishes (I've made a few) usually without oil that are absolute amazing:

csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:35 pm

csp wrote:A good video to show people how easy it is to swap out some basic animal products with off the shelf vegan products:

Also, this indian woman I found on YouTube does some great high carb indian dishes (I've made a few) usually without oil that are absolute amazing:

Great finds CSP, thanks for posting. I will definitely be making some of those Indian dishes.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Apparently 'dangerous person'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:38 am

So someone came up with the idea to make bacon from rice paper, everyone has been raving about it on the internet so I went out and got the rice paper today (had everything else in the cupboard/fridge).

http://yupitsvegan.com/2016/04/18/vegan-rice-paper-bacon/

Mine turned out great, very crispy, a little chewy and great flavour. I made a second batch, halved the soy sauce and sprinkled a little salt over the top and I preferred it that way.

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Imag0510
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:06 pm

csp wrote:So someone came up with the idea to make bacon from rice paper, everyone has been raving about it on the internet so I went out and got the rice paper today (had everything else in the cupboard/fridge).

http://yupitsvegan.com/2016/04/18/vegan-rice-paper-bacon/

Mine turned out great, very crispy, a little chewy and great flavour. I made a second batch, halved the soy sauce and sprinkled a little salt over the top and I preferred it that way.

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Imag0510

Great find! I will have to try this; the BLT sandwich lives on. Laughing

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kostas Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 pm

Best tennis player ever

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 9k=
Looking back, it was the moment when Djokovic discovered why he had suffered so many mid-match collapses in his career – and the starting point for a lifestyle change which led to his becoming world No 1 just 12 months later.

Tennis player Novak Djokovic and his wife, Jelena Djokovic, opened a ‪#‎vegan‬ restaurant this week in Monte Carlo.
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 12998583_983849568336958_7403427732603770530_n

When he switched permanently to the Vegan diet, the benefits quickly followed. Within 12 months Djokovic was 11lb lighter and feeling stronger and healthier. Ever since following the regime, he has felt fresher, more alert, more energetic and mentally sharper.

Djokovic’s early years as a professional were very different. In 2005 he had taken the first set against Guillermo Coria at the French Open but retired in the third because “my legs had turned to rock and I couldn’t breathe”. During a victory over Gaël Monfils at the US Open three months later he took four medical timeouts after running out of breath.
Kostas
Kostas

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 am

Thinkforyourself wrote:Great find! I will have to try this; the BLT sandwich lives on. Laughing

Haha, that is exactly what I made, with some homemade pepper mayo, it was quite a good weekend treat.

I also saved a few strips and let my meat eating family members try it over the day, everyone agreed it wasn't exactly like bacon, but it hits all the same buttons, crispy, salty, savoury/umami flavour - very moreish.
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_n7feuvzkEG1tdy033o1_540

Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: “Because the animals are like us.” Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: “Because the animals are not like us.” Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:39 pm

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_o6aqdpAHQP1qebis0o1_540
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 am

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Plutar10

Plutarch wrote:“A human body in no way resembles those that were born for ravenousness; it hath no hawk’s bill, no sharp talon, no roughness of teeth, no such strength of stomach or heat of digestion, as can be sufficient to convert or alter such heavy and fleshy fare. But if you will contend that you were born to an inclination to such food as you have now a mind to eat, do you then yourself kill what you would eat. But do it yourself, without the help of a chopping-knife, mallet or axe, as wolves, bears, and lions do, who kill and eat at once. Rend an ox with thy teeth, worry a hog with thy mouth, tear a lamb or a hare in pieces, and fall on and eat it alive as they do. But if thou had rather stay until what thou eat is to become dead, and if thou art loath to force a soul out of its body, why then dost thou against nature eat an animate thing? There is nobody that is willing to eat even a lifeless and a dead thing even as it is; so they boil it, and roast it, and alter it by fire and medicines, as it were, changing and quenching the slaughtered gore with thousands of sweet sauces, that the palate being thereby deceived may admit of such uncouth fare.”

Plutarch wrote:“Can you really ask what reason Pythagoras had for abstaining from flesh? For my part I rather wonder both by what accident and in what state of soul or mind the first man did so, touched his mouth to gore and brought his lips to the flesh of a dead creature, he who set forth tables of dead, stale bodies and ventured to call food and nourishment the parts that had a little before bellowed and cried, moved and lived. How could his eyes endure the slaughter when throats were slit and hides flayed and limbs torn from limb? How could his nose endure the stench? How was it that the pollution did not turn away his taste, which made contact with the sores of others and sucked juices and serums from mortal wounds? … It is certainly not lions and wolves that we eat out of self-defense; on the contrary, we ignore these and slaughter harmless, tame creatures without stings or teeth to harm us, creatures that, I swear, Nature appears to have produced for the sake of their beauty and grace. But nothing abashed us, not the flower-like tinting of the flesh, not the persuasiveness of the harmonious voice, not the cleanliness of their habits or the unusual intelligence that may be found in the poor wretches. No, for the sake of a little flesh we deprive them of sun, of light, of the duration of life to which they are entitled by birth and being.”
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Fantastic quotes.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by gb9 Wed May 11, 2016 7:15 am

I've been a vegetarian (occasionally had seafood) for almost five years. I cut all pork, beef, and chicken out of my diet. I desperately wanted to give up dairy, eggs and cheese and become vegan. I struggled for a long time because I wasn't making the connection to the animals and their precious souls.
After learning about the flat earth I immediately went 100% vegan. How could I eat those precious beings? Their lives are just as significant as mine.
My eyes have been peeled open and for the first time in my life I feel a huge shift in my compassion for the animals on this earth.
I'll never eat a animal of this earth ever again!! GO VEGAN. You won't regret it. My body is stronger, my mind is sharper and my entire life has changed. There are sooooo many delicious recipes for vegan foods.

gb9

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 am

vortexkitten wrote:Hey Lizarking, 'Meet Your Meat' Video - Narrated By Alec Baldwin just fucking breaks my heart to watch. Vegan nearly a year now and feeling way better about everything.
I will try and make others watch this and hopefully it will make the difference for them that they finally change what they eat.

And the Slaughterhouse Workers..hanging is too good for them

I only just saw this comment! I completely agree, it is horrific to the point of being unwatchable, the quotes from the slaughterhouse workers alone are enough to sicken me to my stomach. I would love to see them treated exactly how they treat those poor animals.

If ever in doubt, everyone should watch at least one documentary like this so that they can think back to the foul, inhumane conditions that these animals reside in all for their beloved hamburgers and cheese.

Last edited by lizardking on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Tue May 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_o7j5qu7TTh1sxet0yo1_540

The True Story of a “Downed Cow"

After the other animals were removed from the truck, she was left behind, unable to move. The stockyard workers used their customary electric prods in her ear to try to get her out of the truck, then beat and kicked her in the face, ribs, and back, but still she didn’t move. They tied a rope around her neck, tied the other end to a post in the ground, and drove the truck away. The ‪#‎cow‬ was dragged along the floor of the truck and fell to the ground, landing with both hind legs and her pelvis broken. She remained like that until 7:30pm. For the first 3hours, she lay in the hot sun crying. When she urinated or defecated, she used her front legs to drag herself along the gravel roadway to a clean spot. She also tried to crawl to a shaded area but couldn’t move far enough. Altogether, she managed to crawl a painful 13-14 yards. The employees not allowing her any water; the only ‪#‎water‬ she received was given to her by Jess Pierce, a local ‪#‎animalrights‬ ‪#‎activist‬, who had been contacted by a woman who witnessed the incident. After receiving no cooperation from stockyard workers, she called the ‪#‎KentonCountyPolice‬. A police officer arrived but was instructed to do nothing; he left @1 p.m. The stockyard operator informed Jess that he had permission from the insurance company to kill the cow but wouldn’t do it until Jessie left. Although doubtful that he would keep his word, Jess left at 3pm. She returned at 4:30pm &found the stockyard deserted. Three dogs were attacking the cow, who was still alive. She had suffered a number of bite wounds, and her water had been removed. Jess contacted the police. 4 officers arrived at 5:30pm a State trooper wanted to shoot the cow but was told that a vet should kill her. The 2 veterinarians at the facility would not euthanize her, claiming that in order to preserve the value of the ‪#‎meat‬, she could not be destroyed. The ‪#‎butcher‬ arrived at 7:30 p.m. and shot the cow. Her body was purchased for $307.50.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Tue May 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_o6jvom1pkW1rhuehno1_540
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_n18d35Nt1U1qztqbjo4_540
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_n18d35Nt1U1qztqbjo5_400
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_n18d35Nt1U1qztqbjo6_540
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_n18d35Nt1U1qztqbjo7_500
Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Tumblr_nq8vcxGEIv1s7tkyto1_500

“All the arguments to prove man’s superiority can not shatter this hard fact: In suffering, the animals are our equals.” - Peter Signer

“The most brutal virus on planet earth is called Speciesism. It can make people rape, torture and kill without any guilt or remorse. They will actually look at you with a proud smile and say it’s natural we have been doing it for a long time.” - Jamison Scala

“If possessing a higher degree of intelligence does not entitle one human to use another for his or her own ends, how can it entitle humans to exploit non-humans?” - Peter Signer

“I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter…the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God,” I said, “this is terrible! Why don’t you do something?” God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. I have done something,“ He replied. "I created you.” - Jim Wills

“If I am to be a voice for animals, then how should I speak? Am I to whisper, when they are screaming in pain? Am I to be calm, when they tremble in fear? Am I to shout for mercy, as their throats are being slit? Tell me how I need to speak, for you to grant them their freedom.” - Davegan Raza

“Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.”

“At the moment our human world is based on the suffering and destruction of millions of non-humans. To perceive this and to do something to change it in personal and public ways is to undergo a change of perception akin to a religious conversion. Nothing can ever be seen in quite the same way again because once you have admitted the terror and pain of other species you will, unless you resist conversion, be always aware of the endless permutations of suffering that support our society.” - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

“Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

“It shouldn’t be the consumer’s responsibility to figure out what’s cruel and what’s kind, what’s environmentally destructive and what’s sustainable. Cruel and destructive food products should be illegal. We don’t need the option of buying children’s toys made with lead paint, or aerosols with chlorofluorocarbons, or medicines with unlabeled side effects. And we don’t need the option of buying factory-farmed animals.” - Jonathan Safran Foer

“Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is–whether its victim is human or animal–we cannot expect things to be much better in this world…” - Rachel Carson

“In fact, if one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but where a lot of people are unkind to animals, especially in the name of commerce, the cruelty is condoned and, once large sums of money are at stake, will be defended to the last by otherwise intelligent people.” - Ruth Harisson

“I have been inside slaughterhouses and can tell you that the animals are not willingly walking up to the end of the kill line and sticking their necks out. These animals fight with every bit of strength they have left at the end of that kill line. They don’t want to die, They see, and they know exactly what’s going to happen to them. There is absolutely no truth that any process of slaughtering is humane. it is the most inhumane treatment that I have ever witnessed.” - Cayce Mell

“We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.” - William Ralph Ing
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Mon May 30, 2016 4:58 pm

I often hear desperate cries of 'what about the Inuit's' whenever the incredible book 'The China Study' is mentioned, because the Inuit population live on a diet mainly made up of raw meat, with very little plant food, and despite this, the Inuit population don't have many of the diseases that we have in the West.

I am thus very pleased to have found information that proves beyond doubt yet again that the only healthy diet is a vegan diet. The Inuit's do suffer for eating so much meat, just in different ways, because their meat is mainly raw and unprocessed.

Unfortunately, they do suffer from high levels of depression, suicide, cancer, strokes, and other illnesses:

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 Q6WN5yH

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:17 am

csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by vortexkitten Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi Gang, I have always liked Bryan Adams the Canadian Rock Star.

But even more now since I discovered today that he is Vegan and doesn't eat his friends
He was Vegetarian till 1990 and then went Vegan.

He probably knew more than most of us did at the time.
He said "he never gets an infection or even a sniffle, it works' and has more energy for his touring"

vortexkitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:37 am

The "Vegan Prince" free-runner Tim Shieff, bringing FE truth to London Real:

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:38 am

Great video, Tim is a great inspiration, I'm always excited when I see a new video pop up in my sub feed from him.
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by Beashambassador Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Vegan Youtube Channels

Beashambassador
Beashambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Shock video of French abattoir prompts closure

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 10 14b34784c84d079005310d85a143fc2355dc43e7c29628e77b09afc241245829
A scene from the shocking abattoir video from southern France. Photo: L214

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151015/french-abattoir-closed-after-shock-video

The mayor of a town in southern France has closed the local abattoir after video footage emerged showing the horrific and illegal way the animals were treated inside. Warning: The video may shock readers.

Cows writhing while suspended in the air after having their throats cut, pigs squealing in panic as they're being gassed, and horses that flail around after being shot. 

These were the scenes published on Wednesday by animal rights group L214, taken from over 50 hours of fixed-camera footage taken by "someone who had inside access" to the Abattoir d'Alès in southern France. 

"These animals are dying in terrible conditions, it's absolutely awful," Brigitte Gothière, co-founder of L214, told The Local on Thursday.

You'd be hard pressed to disagree. The video is embedded below and contains extremely graphic images. Viewer discretion is advised. 

The video quickly went viral in France after being revealed by Le Point news site, garnering hundreds of thousands of hits on YouTube over the day. 

Not long after the clip was released, the town's mayor Max Roustan closed the abattoir down, saying that he was "moved by the images" and that he would close the slaughterhouse until the results of an investigation were in.

Gothière from L214 welcomed the news, but said there is still a lot of work to be done. 

"Of course, we are glad that they've closed, but we are hoping this goes further, we hope it kicks off a public debate on the closure of all abattoirs in France," she said.

"Every time videos like this come out, people say oh la la, but the truth is that this is how abattoirs function. The abattoir in Alès is no worse than the others in France. 

"We hope to change people's mentality when it comes to the practice of eating animals, and hope to move towards a France where people don't eat animals when we don't need to."

The group passed the footage to an expert vet for analysis, and then issued a formal complaint about the abattoir's cruelty, as well as its lack of basic health and safety and ignoring basic legal procedures about how the animals are slaughtered.

The group noted on its site that the abattoir's workers didn't follow protocol on several occasions during the 4-minute film. 

For example, when animals regained consciousness after being shot with a stun gun, workers sometimes chose to begin the butchering process rather than administering another shot with the gun.

The group also noted that pigs were only gassed for around 30 seconds, even though the law says it should be at least 2 minutes to ensure they don't wake up before being killed. 

Social media users took to Facebook and Twitter to slam the abattoir's practices as "barbaric" and "revolting".

The abattoir, which processes 3,000 horses, 20,000 pigs, 40,000 sheep and 6,000 cattle each year, refused to speak to media about the scandal. 

The footage was jumped upon by the far-right National Front, who criticized the Halal ritual of slaughtering animals by slitting their throat as "torture"

The animals that pass through the abattoir are slaughtered using both the classic and Halal methods, with around 30 percent of cows and 40 percent of sheep destined for the Halal market. 

The animal rights group insisted that the method of slaughter was irrelevant, and that it detracted from the real issue of animal cruelty.

"Whether it's using the Halal ritual or not, the methods of this abattoir are shocking. Cows who have been badly stunned and pigs asphyxiating has nothing to do with Halal," L214's spokesperson told L'Express.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Admin wrote:The "Vegan Prince" free-runner Tim Shieff, bringing FE truth to London Real:

I am impressed. Overall he did a very good job, and he made some key points.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next