IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

+49
FiachraW
markwilson
nowhereelsetogo
AlmightySavoisien88
Russian Blue Cat
MMDC
turtleexpress
Dab_Tsog
Dual1ty
RisinHorizon
observer
Torus_Ouroboros
Bro
Amitchelld
Realearth
Dabbin Good
tristancobane
iwanttobefree
starfox42
Real World
Slingshot
superuserdo
Zer0R
Lightning_Peasant
Honestly
Wisdom1
liamhendo1990
Just Vital
Shattered
Foreverlearning
Illuminati? You mean jewz
thugnastylol
Schpankme
ShillKiller
anarcho vegan
vortexpuppy
putontheglassesagain
gb9
Kostas
Wondering Man
vortexkitten
mitch
Beashambassador
csp
Thinkforyourself
biggambler
Paranoid Gramdroid
lizardking
Admin
53 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Posted by maiapleiades79 on 07/02/2015
I wish we lived in a world where the meat eaters were the outsiders. In that world, if someone asked me, "Where's the meat?" as I BBQ grill my veggies, I would look at them in horror and say, "WHAT?! That's disgusting and horrible! I dont eat animals. Are you crazy?" And I would be considered the normal one, rather than the way it is now where at gatherings I am the only vegan there, surrounded by meat eaters who dont think twice about me seeing the flesh of dead animals and watching them eat it.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Posted by lizardking on 07/03/2015
Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones

Milk depletes the calcium from your bones

The milk myth has spread around the world based on the flawed belief that this protein and calcium-rich drink is essential to support good overall health and bone health in particular at any age. It is easy to understand that the confusion about milk’s imaginary benefits stems from the fact that it contains calcium – around 300 mg per cup.

But many scientific studies have shown an assortment of detrimental health effects directly linked to milk consumption. And the most surprising link is that not only do we barely absorb the calcium in cow’s milk (especially if pasteurized), but to make matters worse, it actually increases calcium loss from the bones. What an irony this is!

Here’s how it happens. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction. You see, calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer and the biggest storage of calcium in the body is – you guessed it… in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine, so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit.

Knowing this, you’ll understand why statistics show that countries with the lowest consumption of dairy products also have the lowest fracture incidence in their population (there’s more on this later).

But the sad truth is that most mainstream health practitioners ignore these proven facts. I know it firsthand because when I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, my doctor recommended that I drink lots of milk in addition to taking Fosamax.

Fortunately, I did neither, because I knew that…

Cow’s milk is custom-designed for calves

Thanks to our creative ingenuity and perhaps related to our ancient survival needs, we adopted the dubious habit of drinking another species’ milk. Nobody can dispute that cow’s milk is an excellent food source for calves. Weighing around 100 pounds at birth, a calf typically gains approximately eight times its weight by the time it is weaned. But unlike humans, once calves are weaned, they never drink milk again. And the same applies to every mammalian species on this planet.

Also, each mammalian species has its own “designer” milk, and cow’s milk is no exception. For example, cow’s milk contains on average three times the amount of protein than human milk which creates metabolic disturbances in humans that have detrimental bone health consequences.

It’s important to bear in mind that mother’s milk is excellent nourishment for human babies, but its composition is very different from cow’s milk.

Scientific studies show that milk increases fracture risk

Many scientific studies contradict the conventional wisdom that milk and dairy consumption help reduce osteoporotic fractures. Surprisingly, studies demonstrating that milk and dairy products actually fail to protect bones from fractures outnumber studies that prove otherwise. Even drinking milk from a young age does not protect against future fracture risk but actually increases it. Shattering the “savings account” calcium theory, Cumming and Klineberg report their study findings as follows:

“Consumption of dairy products, particularly at age 20 years, was associated with an increased risk of hip fracture in old age. (“Case-Control Study of Risk Factors for Hip Fractures in the Elderly”. American Journal of Epidemiology. Vol. 139, No. 5, 1994).

And the 12 year long Harvard Nurses’ Health Study found that those who consumed the most calcium from dairy foods broke more bones than those who rarely drank milk. This is a broad study based on 77,761 women aged 34 through 59 years of age.

In the authors’ own words:

“These data do not support the hypothesis that higher consumption of milk or other food sources of calcium by adult women protects against hip or forearm fractures.” (Source: Feskanich D, Willett WC, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA. Milk, dietary calcium, and bone fractures in women: a 12-year prospective study. American Journal of Public Health. 1997).

Shocking statistics ignored by mainstream medicine

In the Save Our Bones Program one of the topics I discuss is the complete disregard of scientific evidence that discredits milk and dairy products as the best source of calcium.

One exception is Amy Lanou Ph.D., nutrition director for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington, D.C., who states that:

“The countries with the highest rates of osteoporosis are the ones where people drink the most milk and have the most calcium in their diets. The connection between calcium consumption and bone health is actually very weak, and the connection between dairy consumption and bone health is almost nonexistent.”

Surprised? You shouldn’t be, because as I mentioned earlier in this article…

Milk is an acidifying animal protein

Like any other animal derived protein-rich food, milk has a positive potential renal acid load (PRAL) which triggers a protective biological reaction to neutralize all the damaging acidic protein before it reaches the kidneys.

The body is designed for survival, so it sacrifices bone density to protect the kidneys and urinary tract because the latter are essential to survival. And the most readily available source of acid neutralizer is in the bones. So even though milk contains calcium, it ends up sapping your bones of that crucial mineral. But that’s not all because…

Today’s milk is a processed food

Until the end of the 19th century in Europe and the beginning of the 20th century in the US, milk was consumed unpasteurized or raw. Later on, homogenization became the industry’s standard. These processes further alter milk’s chemistry and actually increase its detrimental acidifying effects.

Raw milk advocates claim that if cow’s milk is left “as is” it is a healthy and wholesome drink. It is true that raw milk is less acidifying than processed milk and that pasteurization and homogenization may cause a long list of digestive and other health problems, but I still don’t recommend drinking any kind of cow’s milk.

Nowadays, milking cows are given antibiotics and most are also injected with a genetically engineered form of bovine growth hormone (rBGH). A man-made or synthetic hormone used to artificially increase milk production, rBGH also increases blood levels of the insulin-growth factor 1 (IGF-1) in those who drink it. And higher levels of IGF-1 are linked to several cancers.

This should not be ignored, especially in view of recent information by Samuel Epstein, MD, Professor of Environmental Medicine at the University of Illinois School of Public Health, and Chairman of the Cancer Prevention Coalition. In an article titled “Monsanto’s Hormonal Milk Poses Serious Risks of Breast Cancer, Besides Other Cancers” (http://www.preventcancer.com/press/releases/july8_98.htm, June 21, 1998) Dr. Epstein concludes that:

“Drinking rBGH milk would thus be expected to significantly increase IGF-1 blood levels and consequently to increase risks of developing breast cancer and promoting its invasiveness.”

Even though organic milk is from cows that are not given antibiotics or rBHG, if you truly care about your bone health and your overall health, you should…

Avoid drinking cow’s milk

As I explain in the Save Our Bones Program and contrary to mainstream recommendations, drinking milk and eating lots of dairy products are not the answer to reversing osteoporosis. And while in the Save Our Bones Program no food is completely off limits, I strongly recommend that you explore the different milk substitute options that I will list for you here.

But first, I’d like to clarify that unsweetened fermented or cultured dairy products such as yogurt, kefir, and sour cream are acid neutral. Yogurt in particular is chock-full of beneficial qualities. As is the case with milk, organic yogurt does not have rBGH, but even several of the most well-known yogurt brands have stopped using the bovine growth hormone (rBGH). You should call your favorite yogurt company to confirm. One more clarification: when I say unsweetened I mean without sugar or any artificial sweetener. However, you can add honey or stevia, a zero calorie plant-derived sweetener that is delicious and alkalizing as well. I like to carry around stevia packets in my purse so that I’m always able to sweeten food or drinks when I’m on the go.

The best milk substitutes

My favorite milk substitute is unsweetened almond milk, not only because it is alkalizing (as almonds are), but also because it’s delicious and tastes very similar to milk. I even cook with it!

If almond milk is hard to get, you can also try rice or soy milk. I strongly suggest consuming only organic soy milk to insure it’s not made with genetically modified soy. There is also some controversy about unfermented soy products, so try to use it in moderation.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Posted by csp on 07/03/2015
Thanks lizard king - excellent stuff.

I spent 2 hours with my grandparents last night and left them with some of Dr Greger's videos to watch. The good thing is they are 90% there and rarely eat meat/eggs, already drink almond/soy milk and still get plenty of exercise. My grand mother only eats chicken, but I bet after seeing the Greger videos she'll change her mind!

I personally have stopped smoking (it was easier than I thought once I cleared my mind), and haven't eaten anything but fruit/vegetables/nuts for the past few days, when I get the crave for a cigarette or get stressed, I simply take a 2 minute walk around the beautiful garden near my office. Already feeling 100x better, and my mind is switched right on - waking up naturally in the morning without being tired or drowsy is wonderful!
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Posted by maiapleiades79 on 07/06/2015
I cannot recommend this lecture highly enough, "Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: an introduction to carnism." by Dr. Melanie Joy.

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Posted by maiapleiades79 on 07/14/2015
I want to share this video I found pretty amusing:

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Posted by csp on 07/14/2015
Haha great one!

Here's another one from the same guy I thought was quite good:

I really need to lift my banana intake, I thought eating 3 in the morning was good!
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Posted by csp on 07/15/2015
Went to the markets really early this morning and found them selling all the ripe bananas for $1 per big bag - so I grabbed all I could carry! Considering they are usually ~$1.50 per KG, complete bargain!

It was a good workout in itself carry two bag loads of bananas to the office!
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Posted by maiapleiades79 on 07/19/2015
I have been looking into the 30bananasaday, raw till 4 vegan diet and the legitimacy of Freelee The Banana Girl and her boyfriend durianrider. If you only base the success of the diet they push on the comments on their youtube videos and websites, that would be unwise because owners of their channels and websites can pick and choose which comments to delete, and which to leave. 

I have read numerous claims that this is exactly what Freelee and durianrider do. Anyone who posts a negative comment or complaint about the lifestyle they push, the comment is deleted. These can be found on the internet archives. Freedom of speech is not allowed by them. That is called censorship. 

There have been countless posts about weight gain by members of 30bananasaday, along with other health issues. Teens and tweens who follow Freelee have commented that they no longer have a menstruation and she tells them this is a good thing. They take ZERO accountability for the people who gain weight on their diet. If you are not thin like them, you are doing it wrong.

Although Freelee and durian can delete comments at will, luckily, they have no control over other videos posted by plenty of people who say they quit the 30bananasaday because they gained weight. There is no reason for them to lie. There IS a reason for Freelee to lie because she is selling a book. She says you should eat a minimum of 2500 calories a day and more if possible. What if you are 4'10" and weigh 90 pounds? So is the case with vegan youtuber Brianna Jackfruitson. She made a comment that it was difficult for her to get in the amount of calories they recommend and she was immediately BANNED. No notice, no reason, just banned.

So in my research I came across this video:

I highly recommend watching the entire video but the interesting part is in the middle where they show an interview with Dr. T. Colin Cambell, the author of the bestselling book, The China Study, the New York Times bestseller Whole, and The Low-Carb Fraud and the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University. He has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. The China Study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University, and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

They ask him a few questions regarding the calorie intake advice from Freelee and durian. He is a true professional who has been working at this for 40 years! 
One of the questions is regarding so called "metabolic damage" which occurs when you severely restrict calories (such as from anorexia) and your metabolism slows down drastically due to this. I believe his exact response is, "That sounds like hookey pookey to me." 

They ask him what he thinks of forcing yourself to eat 2500+ calories a day and he advocates intuitive eating: eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full.

While some seem to think a person's past is just that, their past and nothing more, I hold a much different opinion.  We can base a person's future behavior on their relevant past behavior.  I think it is imperative to know the past history of Freelee and durian before you buy their books and follow their "advice."  Durian was a previous meth addict.  Freelee was a bulimic anorexic, stripper.  She claims to have overcome her eating disorders ON HER OWN.  (red flag anyone?).  She went from purging to over-consuming calories and keeping it all down and being stick thin?  I think she is STILL purging.  You cannot maintain her figure with the amount she eats and she does NOT exercise that much.  I think durian is using her to make a profit.  I think they are a team of moneymakers hiding behind this compassionate vegan image.  Durianrider is a narcissist (google it if you dont know exact definition).  Just watch a few of his videos and you will see he obviously has NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).  In their Q&A video, he is constantly interrupting her.  That shows complete disrespect.

Also, speaking along the lines of a person's character, Freelee claims she was 40 pounds overweight.  Check out her before pictures.  She is nowhere near 40 pounds overweight!!!  Maybe 15 to 20 at most.  She found a few pics of her head in such a position that it gives her a false double chin in order to make her appear "fat."

I also found this on a site where someone was trying to decide whether 30bananasaday.com is a cult forum or not (I copy and paste here):

"Since I have posted there has been a lot of exposure about this site. A whole new site has popped up, determined to show the site and the characters who run the site, for who it/they really is. I can now say that this is closer to a cult/scam than a legitimate forum. The goal of the character running the site is to make a profit. While they may not make the unbelievable piles of money that some cults make, they make a fair bit for being an internet cult, enough to live on. There are multiple proofs of the "guru" and the many ways that he attempts to keep his members at this site, 30bananasadaysucks.com

There are a lot of detailed threads on 30bananasadaysucks. One thread documenting death threats that the head of 30bananasaday has sent to those who talk about the website in a negative manner. Another shows how Durianriders (the user of the lead "guru" of the 30bananasaday site and diet) creates multiple fake accounts to sway the opinions of the general population on his website. As people are rapidly banned from 30bananasaday, and I mean RAPIDLY, it becomes clear that 30bananasaday IS indeed an internet cult. Despite the fact that it seems extremely silly, it is potentially harmful to become involved with this group, as it may have temporary or even permanent effects on your health or your life's direction (you may lose your job, or may be encouraged to ditch all of the friends and/or family that does not support your wacky diet...Or perhaps your job, be persuaded to get your tubes tied for the greater good of humanity, or etc.)

A lot of the users experience the signs of brainwashing, becoming rigid in their opinions and having no tolerance for questions or differing opinions.

Let's run down the warning signs...
X = yes 0 = no

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader:

X Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
X No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
X (as far as I know) No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
X Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
X There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
X Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
X There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
X Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
X The group/leader is always right.
X The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader:

X Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
X Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
X Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".
X Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.
0 Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
X Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.
X A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.
X Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
X Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.
X Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

Ten signs of a safe group/leader:

0 A safe group/leader will answer your questions without becoming judgmental and punitive.
0 A safe group/leader will disclose information such as finances and often offer an independently audited financial statement regarding budget and expenses. Safe groups and leaders will tell you more than you want to know.
0 A safe group/leader is often democratic, sharing decision making and encouraging accountability and oversight.
0 A safe group/leader may have disgruntled former followers, but will not vilify, excommunicate and forbid others from associating with them.
0 A safe group/leader will not have a paper trail of overwhelmingly negative records, books, articles and statements about them.
0 A safe group/leader will encourage family communication, community interaction and existing friendships and not feel threatened.
0 A safe group/leader will recognize reasonable boundaries and limitations when dealing with others.
0 A safe group/leader will encourage critical thinking, individual autonomy and feelings of self-esteem.
0 A safe group/leader will admit failings and mistakes and accept constructive criticism and advice.
0 A safe group/leader will not be the only source of knowledge and learning excluding everyone else, but value dialogue and the free exchange of ideas.

Internet Cult = CHECK!"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would love to hear other people's opinions on this matter!  I  have put many hours of research into this and I do not make this post lightly.  Please before writing a reply, if you have NOT watched ANY of their videos, or the other vegan's videos of why they got fat on this diet, PLEASE do so before commenting.  Thanks!!
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Posted by Admin on 07/19/2015
Hey Maia, thanks for that in-depth critique! I think you're right about intuitive eating and people should eat only when they're hungry and eat until they're full. We should not be strictly counting calories trying to limit them or fulfill some quota. The metabolism certainly suffers from SAD or fad diets and will take time to get back on track, but significant weight gains, I agree, cannot be attributed simply to "metabolic damage." I also agree that dumping refined sugar on banana smoothies and recommending this as a daily practice is NOT advised/healthy. As for their practice of deleting comments and banning people I think this is necessary to keep a clean forum/YT channel that gets the amount of traffic they do, so I don't have a problem with that, but if they are deleting comments that they should instead be replying to and offering counter-critiques of, I see the issue there. Their histories as a drug-addict in and out of prison and a stripper/anorexic/bulimic drug addict are worth noting but certainly forgivable. I'm quite skeptical of your claim that Freelee still purges to this day, do you have any evidence of this? Also she looked a good 40 pounds over-weight to me in the pictures of her at her largest, not merely 15-20, but I could be wrong. Harley seemed like a great guy and genuinely helpful when I met him twice as did Freelee. As NPD's main feature is a lack of empathy I rarely suspect vegans of this personality disorder, especially ethical vegans, I suppose you could fake such a lifestyle, but I don't feel that Harley is doing this. Having been called a "cult-leader" myself repeatedly now because of this forum, I'm hesitant to label 30BAD this way, but I think the opposition should certainly have its voice and be considered. What I think we can all agree on is that a whole foods plant based diet high-raw, high-carb, low-fat vegetarian/vegan is the way to go. The exact ratio of carbs/fat/protein along with total calories and finer tweaks should be left up to the individual and their intuition.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Posted by csp on 07/19/2015
I've been discussing this with maiapleiades79 and I firmly believe they are honest people in regards to what they are preaching with their diet. The science back its up, healthy raw food and you're good to go - I like to make note that John McDougall MD even believes people can survive on potatoes ALMOST exclusively.

Now in the video where Dr Greger and T Colin Campbell are interviewed, they say the same deal that smoothies with 10+ bananas cant be good for you blah blah - but they provide no fact or science, zero references etc to back their statements up, so I believe that was just a doctors answer for "I have no evidence and I don't want to promote it so I better dismiss it".

Another good point is Harley has some massive bike rides recorded on YouTube and Strava (fitness tracking) - so he isn't promoting just eating vegan and strolling around, he's saying carb up, get out and get active, drink lots of water, gets good amounts of sleep - rinse, repeat.

He once road 21 hours from Adelaide to the Victorian State border AND BACK, on nothing but fruit and fruit juice he bought along the way from the service stations:

app.strava.com/activities/131018593

That is an amazing feat and he has the video to back it up too, check out his channel - he is truly inspirational in my opinion. So as you see, he isn't just promoting being Vegan, he's showing you how to get out and live to the fullest with a vegan diet. He's not saying it, he's doing it - he even offers FREE help for ANYONE that wants it and I don't believe he's joking either.

With all that being said, I also believe Harley's intake of processed sugar is a bit overboard at times.

He uses a lot of swearing and confronting behavior in his videos - but this could also be his way of dealing with the constant abuse from people trying to discredit him - especially when he's living the lifestyle to prove it. Also note they have toned and trim bodies, not anorexic - they have good complexion.

In regards to all the "trolls" and "shills" on their forum, there are just some plain ridiculous posts and I've not found any with any actual evidence apart from some "before" and after pictures" of skinning people getting fat. Some posts say they went raw til 4 and started getting schizophrenia, hearing voices and having hallucinations. Another girl also stated she stopped getting her period - again, not a shred of evidence that I believe is "solid".

Another girl said she was on the diet for 2 YEARS and got fatter and fatter, posted a before and after picture and started mouthing off at them. No excercise videos, no videos of her eating and drinking lots of water just the pictures. Now don't you think someone with some intellect would think something is up after maybe a few months, or a year? I've gone vegan and have been eating a good mixed diet, and I feel great, I'm slowly trimming up and it's only been what - a few weeks? 

Now he gets alot of abuse too for "fat shaming", but I believe he covers his stance on it here very well:

After watching that video, I personally felt that most people that have fat shamed ME over the year have done it to PUT ME DOWN, rather than what he is doing FOR FREE, to INSPIRE AND HELP PEOPLE. 

Another good reference point for smoothies/juices, and detoxing (over 60 days), very inspirational:

And another good reference he from a woman called Lori Jane who was getting hassled by media for being pregnant and eating the "controversial" banana and dates diet, she looked trim and toned, while pregant and yet after her birth was successful we have this:
www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/blogger-raw-fruit-pregnancy-diet-new-baby-thriving-article-1.1749846

Even the Australian Medical Association weighed in, siding with the slim 25-year-old.

"It's OK to be a vegetarian. You can get sufficient nutrition as a vegetarian," AMA federal president Steve Hambleton, Australia's top doctor, told News.com.au.

"It sounds like broadly the diet she's consuming is not inappropriate, in a sense that you can eat a variety of things in a variety of ways," Hambleton also said. "The principals of a good diet are to get a broad access to nutrients and our bodies are pretty good at synthesising stuff."

So essentially, shes eating a controversial diet, looks trim, toned and gorgeous WHILE PREGNANT, has a great birth and healthy baby, then the top doctor says its OK, and um it SOUNDS LIKE BROADLY THE DIET SHES CONSUMING IS NOT APPROPRIATE, but our bodies are pretty good at synthesising stuff.

So there you go, Australia's top doctor playing word games to try and out play your mind - but has to admit OUR BODIES CAN SYNTHESIS stuff we need from a raw fruit diet. This brings me back to the other talk, where Gary Yourofsky says after 5-7 years (I can't remember, but it was a while after being vegan) his B12 levels were higher than the average without taking a B12 pill and only eating vegan.

Now, I PERSONALLY believe B12 is a bit of bunk science to be honest after reading and hearing the above, if you can't find it in plant sources at least semi-abundantly, I'm going to avoid trying to get large amounts of it. Because everything I've read/watched points to eat raw and exercise, and you'll be good to go - fruits or vegetables, it doesn't matter (this is my opinion by the way).

Lastly, yes Harley and Freelea might bend the truth about certain weight numbers, or how much money they make - but they don't live lavish. Harley didn't even have a license until he was 35 and has a couple videos of him driving a Lamborghini he hired. His house has bugger all furniture, he wears his clothes until they have big holes in them and runs the Thai Vegan festival and provides free fruit to everyone. Hardly a drug dealing, internet scammer. Personally I think he's spreading truth, getting trolled by shills and being vilified by certain groups - much like we are here. I judge a person by what they do, not what by they say, if they are doing and saying, even better - in this case, I believe Harley is doing and saying more than Freelea, and Freelea is along for the ride to get fit and make some money too. I don't mind if they sell ebooks and monetize, it's a great way to get more money to spread the message further - but you don't have to pay a cent to watch all their free advice on YouTube.

Also note they have A LOT of supporters, if everyone was turning into fat, schizophrenic meth heads from eating fruit, I'm sure the news would be all over it with pitchforks and doctors. Anyway, feel free to do your own due diligence and research but I'm yet to see any concrete evidence.

EDIT: The young chap above our posts too - a small scroll upwards, also lives on a banana diet, he's doing great... look how alive and energetic he is!!! And he's cycling like a mad man too!

EDIT2: I also want to note that natural sugars are demonized, but T Colin Campbell's work shows white rice is great (starch=sugar), John McDougall's work shows potatoes are great (starch=sugar) and these guys are saying fruits such as bananas and dates are great, so look at bananas:

Bananas and plantains (cooking bananas) are nowadays grown in all humid tropical regions. The bananas are picked green from the trees, shipped and kept from ripening until they reach the shops. Imperfectly ripened bananas are composed of starch; but as the natural ripening proceeds, the starchy material is converted into dextrin and glucose

And here's the first link on google about dates:
healthyeating.sfgate.com/kind-carbohydrates-dates-5592.html

So again, starch = sugar = glucose - natural sugar and starch is there for us to power ourselves healthily, the science seems pretty clear cut to me.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by thinkforyourself on 07/19/2015
“As long as man mercilessly destroys lower creatures he will experience neither health nor peace. As long as men massacre animals they will also kill one another.”

Pythagoras (570 to 496 BCE)

“The presumption that animals have no rights, the insane assumption that our actions towards them are without moral significance, the idea that we have no obligations towards animals is the truly outrageous barbarism and inhumanity of the Occident, the roots of which can be found in Judaism!

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 – 1860)
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by csp on 07/19/2015
Thanks think, more great stuff!

I was talking with my Aunt earlier today too, and showed her the video of the young south american boy and his octopus. She almost cried and told me a story about my young cousin (she's Cool who found out that pork was from a pig, so she refused to eat it and the next morning my Aunt awoke to my cousin marching around her bed with a tissue box decorated with pig cutouts and a sign saying "DONT KILL PIGS" - it's so primal to be Vegan at a young age!
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by Admin on 07/20/2015
Excellent counter-critique CSP, I agree whole-heartedly! Harley was a gentleman in person, answered all my questions with a smile and had the most brilliant deep blue eyes which radiated good health. Freelee was also very pleasant, showed interest in my Atlantean Conspiracy and encouraged First to start her own YT channel. I think they get a lot of flak, and like IFERS get called a "cult," which I disagree either of us are. Peace
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Posted by schpankme on 07/20/2015
The majority of your Plant Based Diet should be coming from Complex Carbohydrates, aka Complex Sugars (Starches).

"Starch is abundant in common plant foods,  like corn,  potatoes,  sweet potatoes, rice, whole wheat flours, and beans. 
Green and yellow vegetables also synthesize and store complex carbohydrates, but in lesser amounts." 

Fruit and White/Brown Sugar is considered Simple Sugar.

The Human Body Can Not Turn Complex Carbohydrates into Fat.

read: The Starch Solution, John McDougall, MD
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Posted by Admin on 07/20/2015
I don't suppose you've been contacting Banana Buddha to inspire his latest video have you Maia? Stop Eating Your Friends! (Go Vegan)  - Page 4 Ninja

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by maiapleiades79 on 07/21/2015
LOL, yes, guilty as charged.  (I did email him, but I did not say word for word what he is saying.  He is being a total hypocrite by saying ppl shouldnt "waste their time" on that, but then he goes and uploads his videos doing the same thing).

Ok, everyone, I will say I feel spite for freelee because I feel spite for anyone lying to make a profit and making people sick. I value your opinions and can say that I am not as certain about it now as I was.

I just want to say one last thing: the vegans on youtube who made videos about gaining weight on their diet had NO reason to do so in order to give the raw vegan diet and bad rap. WHY would that be their intention when they have their own youtube channels for years advocating being raw food vegans? They tried her diet, it didnt work for them, they made one video saying "great that it works for her, but it does not work for everyone." That was it. That was all they did.

One youtuber said that the thai festival this year had a much different vibe than previous years. That it felt superficial and that it was all about how skinny someone is and what they look like, rather than about the animals. 

Do you agree with that Eric or not?
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by Admin on 07/21/2015
Harley and Freelee have exposed so many fake people in the raw/vegan movement that they got banned from the Woodstock Fruit Festival literally for speaking too much truth which was against the prevailing "raw is law" orthodoxy, Dan McDonald, Doug Graham and Kristina. I also feel negatively towards anyone lying to make a profit and make people sick, but that is NOT what Harley and Freelee do; they expose people who do this! They have been SUED by Kayla Itsines and David Wolf for fearlessly exposing their profit-driven unhealthy lies. When you are essentially taking on the mainstream and alternative health gurus as Freelee and Harley do, you have to expect there will be shills and controlled opposition. Just like with my work I am essentially taking on the mainstream and alternative media gurus and as a result am under constant and heavy controlled opposition shill attack, which includes whole forums/websites which are devoted to opposing and denouncing me. Acenci's shill forums are thus comparable to 30BADsucks and other such sites. Again, I'm all for legitimate criticism, but saying "their Thai fruit festival had a different vibe this year" and "I think Freelee still purges" really isn't what I'd consider legitimate or worthwhile criticism of these people who have done so much good. They should be commended for what they have done, not condemned for what they haven't. Peace
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Posted by thinkforyourself on 07/22/2015
Here is a good article about the world going Vegan (just ignore the parts where it mentions 'millions of years'). 

‘What Would Happen to All the Animals If Everyone Went Vegan?’

Those of us eating a plant-based diet often find our food choices causing more questions and consternation during the upcoming weeks than during the rest of the year. One of the perennial concerns I’ve found people have is that if everyone went vegan, what would happen to all the animals—chickens, turkeys, pigs, and cows? If we stopped eating them, wouldn’t they just take over the Earth, threatening our survival?

For years this question irked me because it seemed patently ridiculous, and worse, would be used to justify the cruelty of eating animal foods. Now, though, whenever I hear this question, I see it as an opportunity to deliver a brief meditation on how our world can be healed.

Imagining the world gradually going vegan is imagining the most positive possible future for our species, for the Earth, and for all living beings. First of all, as we reduce the number of animals we are eating, that will send a message to agribusiness to forcefully inseminate fewer female pigs, turkeys, cows, fishes, and other animals, so fewer animals will be imprisoned, and there will be less mutilation, killing, violence, terror, and suffering. It also means there will be lower demand for GMO corn, soy, alfalfa and other feed grains, and thus less deforestation, monocropping, and pollution. As this continues, there will be more food to feed starving people, and also monocropped land can be returned to being critically-needed habitat for wildlife, whose populations are being decimated by the habitat loss caused by grazing livestock and growing feed grains.

As the vegan trend continues, streams will come back and run cleaner. More birds, fish, and other animals will be able to thrive, there will be far less toxic pesticides and fertilizers needed, and the oceans, which we are devastating, will begin to heal. As studies continually demonstrate, livestock production is the main driving force behind global warming, and this also will decrease. In addition, by eating less animal-based foods, people will be healthier physically as they eliminate the toxic fat, cholesterol, and animal protein that drive obesity, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, and drug use. People will become healthier emotionally and spiritually, also, as they cause and eat less misery, and our culture, as its level of violence decreases, will become healthier as well.

As forest, rainforest, and prairie communities come back to life, along with riparian and ocean communities, the devastating mass extinction of species that is going on right now will slow down. To raise and slaughter hundreds of millions animals daily for food on this planet, we are forcing hundreds of species of animals and plants into extinction every week. Because of our appetites for a few species of birds, mammals, and fish, we are destroying the Earth’s genetic diversity, and it seems absurd to be unconcerned about these tens of thousands of species, but to care only about the few that we’re eating. In any event, the animals we imprison today for food lived freely in nature for millions of years and could do so again. The animals that we most intensely enslave for food and products, such as turkeys, ducks, geese, chickens, and fish, are all doing just fine in the wild (aside from being hunted and having their habitat destroyed). They would continue to do so, and this is also true for pigs, sheep, and goats, which even today have substantial wild populations. There is no reason to think that the animals we are eating and using wouldn’t be able to return to their natural lives living freely in nature—they already are!

Cows are the only possible question—their progenitors, the aurochs, were forced into extinction in the 1600s, but it is certainly conceivable that cows could be reintroduced into central Asia and Africa where they lived for millions of years, and with time would return to the ecological niche they inhabited before cruel human enslavement tore them from their ancestral homelands.

So, it’s a refreshing question to ponder. It’s remarkably uplifting and heartening to reflect on “what will happen if we all stop eating meat, dairy products, and eggs?” Contemplating this, we see clearly that there’s nothing stopping us from creating a heaven on this beautiful and abundant Earth – nothing except the culturally mandated, deeply-ingrained, and deluded habits of routinely abusing animals for food. Each one of us can question this, and I hope the next time you hear this question, you’ll welcome it enthusiastically!

We can all discuss this question a few times during the holidays, and by doing so, pull back the curtain to reveal the positive future we can create together. There is no action more powerful anyone can take to subvert the dominant paradigm of exploitation and inequality than to shift to a plant-based diet for ethical reasons. By going vegan, and spreading the vegan message creatively, we take the most effective action to create a world where peace, abundance, sustainability, freedom, and universal joy are not just possible but natural.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Posted by schpankme on 07/22/2015

Jul 22, 2015 6:06:23 GMT timotheos said:
If you showed me how [oil is] bad, that would be helpful.
I agree though it would be nice to avoid all animal foods.

Start by reading this TOPIC and follow the information, videos and books recommended.   The reason you never 
want to consume OIL is because it combines with Cholesterol working as a two part epoxy filling and eventually 
blocking the arteries, which causes almost all sickness and disease of the human body.

Recommended Books:
The Starch Solution, John McDougall, MD
The China Study, T. Colin Campbell, PhD
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD
Program for Reversing Diabetes, Neal Barnard, MD

Here's Dr. Esselstyn talking about over coming sickness and disease with a Plant Based Diet (no oil).
This information could save your life.

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Posted by csp on 07/22/2015
LOL, this jew is trying to get one over on T Colin Campbell - but he's just too good:

EDIT: LOL, the preview screenshot of the video illustrates it perfectly

EDIT2: Haha, the jew gets a snotty face and looks angry when T Colin Campbell pulls out the big Diet, Life-style and Morality in China book and shows him saw raw truth. Then says "interesting" and starts talking about fish again... oh dear.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Posted by csp on 07/25/2015

(this blokes definately got elite connections to, in a multi-platinum band called 30 seconds to mars, pyramid tattoo on arm - some of his other interviews are very deep and mysterious too)
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by schpankme on 08/03/2015
Erectile dysfunction. How to overcome it naturally!
by Vegetable Police

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by wondering man on 08/03/2015
Cory McCarthy is a cool dude with an active YouTube channel. Vegan, martial artist, body builder.

lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Posted by Admin on 08/04/2015
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Posted by vortexkitten on 08/05/2015
Hi Everybody,

Greetings Eric :-) 

Eric, I am going to put you on the spot.
We here have been getting into eating VERY differently recently since discovering the flat truth here and who my friends are again, but for real this time.
So my humble request Eric, your favorite meal as recipe posted here that I/and ALL may cook and taste it.

Being new to eating/trying Vegan, I find it quite hard to know what goes with what, what things compliment each other and so on.
or can you recommend a good easy Vegan cookbook.

I can see it now available online: The International Flat Earth Research Society Cookbook. 
200 easy recipes :-)
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next