IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables

+28
Shane_St_Pierre
FE_AirlinePilot
Reecus
Truthmania
daride
Freepressfreepeople
Gemini
Shmack_1
unexplainedelefants
Ant
markwilson
Wertikal
Real World
observer
Just Vital
InnerCynic
Admin
Realearth
blackchoy
Bobby Peru
FL@T-E@RTH
inerratic
Beashambassador
csp
feblogger
californian
lizardking
Schpankme
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Empty Re: Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Posted by schpankme on 07/27/2015
"As of April 1, 2015, the longest non-stop scheduled airline flight is Qantas Flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, USA  to  Sydney, Australia."
13,804 km (8,577 miles)

These long haul flights, between diversion airfields, use aircraft not subject to ETOPS restrictions.
"Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim"

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 6OgHWXdQd8TmBodNi0T4
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Empty Re: Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Posted by rare on 08/10/2015
I find it much easier when finding the answers to my questions and building up a repertoire of arguments to look outside the realm of related FE Google searches and look for problems that the ball model has on people's perceptions. I assume everyone is aware that flight dynamics works on a FE model so I won't go into that (I can provide links if anyone wants) suffice to say that we can't blame pilots for covering anything up when in fact they are trained to work on an FE model for simplicity. But I began thinking, 'What about flight sim players?' After all they're not trained pilots and wouldn't have had the dynamics forced upon them. What happens when they try to fly over Antarctica or go pole to pole? I found the results both hilarious and startling.

For example (I had to read this twice) here is the official description for the Antarctica X add on for Aerosoft's flight sim. "Oh you want a flight sim over Antarctica? Don't think so. Here's some paper maps. Fill it in best you can. Bye."
en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12123&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_language=english

Now when you look at the sim forums you find people trying to fly over either pole and experiencing problems. The solution to which is the explanation that the sims also operate on an FE model and this causes glitches when you try to pole fly. Oh really?

Look at these.

forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52893-ice-wall-artifact-in-antarctica/

Note that in the comments the wall extends from horizon to horizon.

www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?25633-Flight-over-Antarctica&s=bd70940eff02b1d7aa3d6e60380d527a

forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1363/can-not-reach-north-pole-in-fs2004-fs9/

www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?205322-AI-aircraft-and-Antarctica

I'm sure you can find more. That took me five minutes. But it's interesting that a ball model will not work for flight sims.

On another note here is an abstract from a book about the psychology of children and what happened when they put them in a flight sim. It accords with my post about the education paradigm. Note how the belief of your observation is basically brainwashed out of you as a child (scroll down for diagram showing how your perception is changed through grade years). If this link doesn't work find the book on Google books and search:Learn Psychology by Kenneth Carter and search flat earth within.

[url=https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=KkZyfw6Vqc4C&q=flat+earth#v=snippet&q=flat earth&f=false][/url][url=https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=KkZyfw6Vqc4C&q=flat+earth#v=snippet&q=flat earth&f=false]books.google.co.uk/books?id=KkZyfw6Vqc4C&q=flat+earth#v=snippet&q=flat%20earth&f=false[/url]
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Posted by dennyr2407 on 08/15/2015
it seems like every other day there is more and more (dis)information being posted, which, to me, seems like an attempt to deter the many awakening FE's;

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-13/emirates-to-grab-longest-flight-title-with-panama-route 
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by planearth on 09/22/2015
"On another note here is an abstract from a book about the psychology of children and what happened when they put them in a flight sim. It accords with my post about the education paradigm. Note how the belief of your observation is basically brainwashed out of you as a child (scroll down for diagram showing how your perception is changed through grade years). If this link doesn't work find the book on Google books and search:Learn Psychology by Kenneth Carter and search flat earth within.

books.google.co.uk/books?id=KkZyfw6Vqc4C&q=flat+earth#v=snippet&q=flat%20earth&f=false"

This page is blocked when you first land:
I get this message: "Restricted Page- You have reached your viewing limit for this book (why?)."

However if you click the page number forward, then go back to page 463 you can read it.

That book lead me to the information below, thank you... another gold mine.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Posted by planearth on 09/22/2015
Study on cognitive restructuring of astronomy in children: 
files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED404098.pdf <-- Vosniadou & Brewer 1972

Studies on convincing children not to believe their eyes:
www.researchgate.net/publication/3208810_The_Round_Earth_Project-collaborative_VR_for_conceptual_learning

"For example, different viewpoints contribute to multiple representations in Bakas and Mikropoulos (2003) by allowing students to observe planetary phenomena from spaceship and Sun. In Johnson et al. (1999) each child acts both as an astronaut and mission control during the interaction with the EVE to see both views in order to understand that the Earth is spherical and the implications of that fact. In NewtonWorld (Dede et al., 1999), students can change their viewpoint by becoming a ball moving along the corridor or an observer thus providing multiple representations of the phenomena under study. " 

EVE = 'Educational Virtual Environments'  

www.researchgate.net/publication/223735649_Educational_virtual_environments_A_ten-year_review_of_empirical_research_%2819992009%29
www.researchgate.net/publication/220374385_A_Desktop_Virtual_Reality_Earth_Motion_System_in_Astronomy_Education
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Posted by Jimmy on 09/22/2015

susie,

Great pic. I was talking to a young lady the other day that claimed the earth is a ball because she flew in a circle around the earth in her rich dad's jet. There was simply no convincing her and she started resorting to theoretical physics formulas. After not being able to answer any of my questions, she finally sent me a picture of Putin on a great white shark while simultaneously calling me a retard and then blocked me before I could reply, haha.
lizardking
lizardking

CockneyChristi1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lizardking Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Posted by schpankme on 09/22/2015

Sept 21, 2015 18:03:16 GMT planearth said:
Study on cognitive restructuring of astronomy in children:
files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED404098.pdf <-- Vosniadou & Brewer 1972

Abstract
"curricula requires the restructuring of prior knowledge,"
"particular attention must be paid to scientific concepts,"
"that compromise the students everyday experience."

Only on the Magical Ball Earth does Theory pass for Science.
lizardking
lizardking

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:42 am

As of March 1, 2016 the longest scheduled flight route has changed:

New - 2016
Emirates Flight (EK449) from Auckland - to - Dubai
14,203 km (8,825 mi)  .. 17 hr 15 min

Old - 2015
Qantas Flight (QF8) from Dallas-Fort Worth, USA - to - Sydney, Australia
13,804 km (8,578 mi) .. 16 hr 55 min

Here is the Top 20 longest Flight in order of Distance:

Note, there are NO Flights from South America to Australia/New Zealand.

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 10_Longest_Flights_March_2016

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Longest_flight_routes_2016
† Summer schedule (northern hemisphere; austral winter)
‡ Winter schedule (northern hemisphere; austral summer)
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Empty FLIGHT ADVISORY GPS Interference Testing CHLK GPS 16-08 07-30 June, 2016 China Lake, California

Post by californian Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:07 pm

I noticed that there is a military test going on in California that will affect GPS systems, and that the breadth of the interference is altitude dependent. According to the official release(s), the higher the altitude, the more wide-spread the disruption of GPS navigation systems... However, there should be NO DISRUPTION throughout the western states at 50 feet and below, down to sea level. Based on that, how can it be claimed that satellites are responsible for our GPS navigation systems? Is it possible to have location information from ground level travel to/from (multiple) satellites while traveling through layers of atmosphere where that information is "scrambled"?

In other words, if GPS signals are being interfered with above 50 feet, and they claim that GPS information is sent to/from satellites in "outer space", how is that GPS information made coherent again back down at ground level..?! I do not see how that is possible.

What makes sense is that GPS information is ground-based (triangulated like cell phone technology), and these tests are being done to scramble that ground based information for aircraft while leaving low altitude use of GPS signals unaffected.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-07/mysterious-military-tests-may-lead-widespread-west-coast-gps-disruptions-faa-warns

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2016/Jun/CHLK_16-08_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

californian

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm

californian wrote:
military test going on in California that will affect GPS systems
the breadth of the interference is altitude dependent.

Here's another related GPS story from 2015
3 weeks of Red Flag exercises, GPS interference testing begin; Southern Nevada

This test is related to "Broadcasting Down" from specific altitudes, according to the advisory

Above Ground Testing (disruption):  
      50 feet = 206 nautical miles
25,000 feet = 366 nautical miles

Note, that increasing the altitude of the Aircraft doing the Disrupting, from 50 feet to 25,000 feet, only increased the effected area by 160 nautical miles.

What this means, is that one CELL TOWER could be used to disrupt the majority of Mobile Phones (GPS), within a 200 nautical mile radius, each phone then broadcasting the signal to it's nearest neighbor (i.e. virus).

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Spaceship-alien-smiley-emoticon

Welcome to the flat Earth.
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Post by feblogger Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:07 am

Direct flight from AU/NZ to South America...

I did this research yesterday. This site lists a direct flight Auckland NZ to Buenos Aries AR, almost daily, on Jun 14:

https://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vbook/actions/selectitinerary

and the snapshot:
https://2img.net/h/s32.postimg.cc/iikp5msd1/fe_auckland_buenos_aries_booking.png

The flight is on Tue Jun 14 at 8.05pm NZ time. But, there is no flight number, so I went to the airport's site to find it.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/flights

and the snapshot:
https://2img.net/h/s32.postimg.cc/yozvum80l/fe_auckland_buenos_aries_departures.png

the flight is not listed at departures at all... Apparently it doesn't exist

Then I found the LAN801 Santiago to Auckland, which I started tracking successfully on the flightradar24, but it disappeared just 1h 35 mins in flight, as soon as it left Chile.

here is the snapshot at the moment of the "disappearance"
https://2img.net/h/s31.postimg.cc/kcdsiau63/fe_lan801_santiago_auckland_map_disappeared.png

I waited 11 hours for the of arrival (I went to sleep), and the flightradar24 still couldn't show the plane. I then went to the Auckland airport site arrivals, and found the flight was "RESCHEDULED" from 5.05AM to 8:40PM, ie delayed the whole 15h and 35m. The flight departed on time with scheduled 12h 50m flight time, and with this "delay" of 15h 35m, the flight time becomes 29 hours

here is the snap:
https://2img.net/h/s32.postimg.cc/ttickwied/fe_lan801_santiago_auckland_rescheduled.png

In the same time, this flightaware.com site

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LAN801

reports everything was fine and the plane was in fact scheduled to land in 1h 30m (?).

Here is the snap:
https://2img.net/h/s31.postimg.cc/k15zgmu2j/fe_lan801_santiago_auckland_flightaware.png

And the parody continues, the site flightexplorer.com reports the LA801 in fact arrived at Auckland at 8.42am with "NO DELAY" (while the airport, as I said above, reports it is "RESCHEDULED", and delayed 15h and 35m!)

http://travel.flightexplorer.com/trackFlight.aspx

and the snap:
https://2img.net/h/s31.postimg.cc/q7anetj2z/fe_lan801_santiago_auckland_flightexplorer.png

And finally, I looked at the flightradar24 at the LA801 history, and saw that the flight has *always* landed around 5pm (scheduled 5am), that is with the 12+ hours delay, which makes the flight time of 24+ hours (if it exists at all):

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/la801/

and the snap
https://2img.net/h/s31.postimg.cc/a9t1frg7v/fe_lan801_santiago_auckland_flightradar24_histor.png

so, I guess the case is closed.

QED

feblogger

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:20 am

feblogger wrote:so, I guess the case is closed.

Correct, all fraudulent flights - a different LAN flight I investigated previously showed the plane registration servicing the SYD->DALLAS->SANTIAGO route (which was tracked properly on FR24,FT, etc), while at the same time being used for the fake SYD->SANTIAGO route.
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by Beashambassador Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:20 pm

sanje wrote:Hi everybody this is my first post.
I'm aware of the earth is flat, but im trying to be very strict to have the strongest evidence in every way possible, therefore I just did a research throughout the web about direct flights from Auckland to Santiago.
I always found two companies that claim to have direct flights for this route.
Qantas airlines, for example:
18.00-14.15 AKL-SCL (12h 15m)
01.05-05.15+1 SCL-AKL (12h 10m)
and
LATAM airlines group with the same timing.

Has anyone tracked this airlines companies and this routes?

Apparently the spinning of the ball doesn't affect the time of flight, the return trip takes the same time, they are not worry about it but they should.
I found it arrogant because they feel very confident about this lie that they dont find reasons to try make this Bullshits more trustable.

I have read many official sources and apparently the "science" admit that the spinning doesn't affect the time but no one explain why.

Welcome aboard IFERS sanje, hope this answers your question, Best regards

Re: Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables
Post by Schpankme on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:42 am

As of March 1, 2016 the longest scheduled flight route has changed:

New - 2016
Emirates Flight (EK449) from Auckland - to - Dubai
14,203 km (8,825 mi)  .. 17 hr 15 min

Old - 2015
Qantas Flight (QF8) from Dallas-Fort Worth, USA - to - Sydney, Australia
13,804 km (8,578 mi) .. 16 hr 55 min

Here is the Top 20 longest Flight in order of Distance:

Note, there are NO Flights from South America to Australia/New Zealand.

For more detail see Schpankme IFERS posting above
Beashambassador
Beashambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by feblogger Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 am

I checked again the lan801, Santiago to Auckland history at the https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LAN801/history/20160630/0355Z/SCEL/NZAA

The site reports that it took off at 1.21am CLT (scheduled 12:55am, so late at departure 26mins), and arrived at 4:59am NZST ( scheduled for 2:46am, so late at arrival 2h 13min). In all they say the flight took 12h 38m

Now this is the interesting parth. The site also reports the averages. The average departure is 1.33am CLT, but, the average arrival is 9.11PM NZST, and with this average arrival the average flight is 27h 37m !!! (This flight came 15h earlier than the average time, ie 50+% earlier. And the official expected time of the flight is 50% of the average time...)

That corresponds perfectly with my previous post when the flight was "rescheduled" for 15h or so

Interesting

https://2img.net/h/s32.postimg.cc/v25oi5qsl/flightaware_lan801_average.png

feblogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:56 am

Google shoreline mapping drones.

"Interactively explore the coastal views of international waterfronts"
aka GOOGLE TREKKER

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 Google10

Last edited by Schpankme on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:07 am

Great find. Could we please send one to the North Pole and then the South.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:07 pm

SATELLITES DO NOT EXIST

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 0ff103510701340

95% of Global Internet & Telecommunications traffic is delivered under sea via fibre optic cables, (click thumbnail above) just the TAT-14 cable that links Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, France, UK & USA has a design capacity of 9.4 TERRABITS a second with 3.2 TERRABITS currently 'lit' (in use) and there are more than 16 of these cables connecting Europe to the USA.

The other 5% of Internet/Telecommunications is delivered over the old phone-line network (copper cable using ADSL for Internet) and of course land based cell towers.

With the explosion of mobile/cell phones and mobile Internet the amount of cell towers needed to grow exponentially.
So was born the need for more and more towers, however if they started popping up everywhere people would ask the question "Why do we need this many towers if we have satellites?"

So they came up with a truly cunning plan, the Digital TV Switch-over which is currently being done Worldwide, most countries are already switched over to Digital leaving just the following countries:

2016: Mexico, Mongolia, Laos, Ukraine, Chile,
2017: Bolivia, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, Sri Lanka and Indonesia
2018: Brazil Costa Rica, Moldova and El Salvador
2019: Argentina, Russia and Thailand
2020: Panama, Philippines, Hong Kong, Venezuela and Vietnam
2021: Cuba and Dominican Republic

INTERESTINGLY the only country not to switch-over will be North Korea (that warrants a smiley) Very Happy

But what the hell does the Digital TV switch-over have to do with there being no satellites you may ask.
Well, the analogue TV transmitters provide on average 99% geographical coverage of the countries in which they are based.
By changing the TV transmitters to Digital means they automatically become a HUGE wi-fi Network with insane capacity.

As an example:
In the UK the TV Transmitters use the frequency's from 450mhz to 800mhz and above 800mhz is used for 4G services.
When you consider using QAM256 transmission mode you can cram 40Mbps in to EVERY 8mhz of analogue bandwidth.

That is almost a 2 GIGABIT a second wi-fi network without taking in to account the 4G bandwidth which can use 20mhz bands to obtain a data rate of 172Mbps for each band.
And 4G uses the following frequency's, 800mhz, 900mhz 1800mhz, 2100mhz, 2400mhz, 2600mhz
You don't need to be a mathematician to see how big this wi-fi Network is.

Why are we relying on the TV transmitters and the Digital TV switch-over to create such a huge wi-fi communication network?

BECAUSE SATELLITES DO NOT EXIST

Addendum *

The Digital TV switch-over which facilitated this huge wi-fi network will be the backbone of the SMART grid which is something to look into if you are not aware of this.

FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Thanks for that. Do you have any info on why the cell towers, with the extra large cables, going to toothbrush box proportioned transmitters are popping up everywhere in the States? About every 3 miles in some areas.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:53 pm

inerratic wrote:Thanks for that. Do you have any info on why the cell towers, with the extra large cables, going to toothbrush box proportioned transmitters are popping up everywhere in the States? About every 3 miles in some areas.

More accurate triangulation, easier for the state to track dissidents.

If I were a truther in the US, I'd personally stay off the mobile networks and use TOR or a reliable non-US based VPN service for all internet access.
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:04 am

inerratic wrote:Thanks for that. Do you have any info on why the cell towers, with the extra large cables, going to toothbrush box proportioned transmitters are popping up everywhere in the States? About every 3 miles in some areas.

I am sorry my friend, I have no idea what is occurring in the US with regards to the cell towers.
I would hazard a guess that they are most likely to do with the SMART grid and SMART meters,
I am aware the US is much further along with the roll-out of SMART meters,
We are only just seeing them being rolled out in the UK at present (with the lure of 'free' weekend electricity if you accept these SMART meters).

I do know that AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless sold a lot of their towers to American Tower & Crown Castle last year. So something is obviously afoot.

I will do some thorough research and report my findings!

FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Interesting... (In the context of my previous post)

US telecoms giant AT&T has announced that it will buy entertainment group Time Warner for nearly $86bn (£70bn).

The deal - one of the biggest this year - still needs approval from regulators.

If the takeover goes through, it would combine AT&T's distribution network with content from the Warner Brothers film studios and the cable TV channels HBO and CNN.

AT&T's chairman described it as "a perfect match" but critics say it concentrates too much media power.

The deal is likely to be closely scrutinised by US antitrust regulators. AT&T is already the third largest cable TV provider in the US.

Randall Stephenson, who is both chairman and CEO of AT&T, said he did not anticipate any regulatory obstacles, saying any concerns could be overcome if concessions were made.

"This is a perfect match of two companies with complementary strengths who can bring a fresh approach to how the media and communications industry works for customers, content creators, distributors and advertisers," he said.

An AT&T statement said that aim of the deal was to give customers "unmatched choice, quality, value and experiences that will define the future of media and communications"
FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:16 am

I spoke to a lifelong friend who worked for Vodafone in the UK till 2002,
He states the transmitters you are seeing every 3 miles are 4G cell towers, these 4G cell towers are transmitting at:

824-851mhz - Cellular A & B franchises, terminal
869-896mhz - Cellular A & B franchises, base station
1575mhz - GNSS L1 band—GPS (funny that, I thought GPS was done by satellite lol) Razz
1710-1755mhz - AWS mobile phone uplink (UL) operating band
1850–1910mhz - PCS mobile phone (3 blocks at 15mhz and 3 blocks at 5mhz)
1930–1990mhz - PCS base stations (3 blocks at 15mhz and 3 blocks at 5mhz)
2110–2155mhz - AWS mobile phone downlink (DL) operating band

The higher the frequency the smaller area they cover due to interference, (trees/hills/buildings etc) hence the need for towers every few miles. It's called a wireless mesh network.

Think of wi-fi in your home, it has a very small range, (say 30metres) wi-fi uses 2400mhz, now the transmitters in your router are not as powerful as the cell towers, but it is the same principle.
FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Why on earth would they need cables to each emitter large enough to carry 300,000 watts, according to some researchers?
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Peru Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:17 pm

http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/8899632/
news article of worlds biggest plane landing in Norway because of someone needing medical attention .....ABU DHABI TO NEW YORK

globe vs FE map routes    https://imgur.com/a/a8iCY

Flight Routes, Shipping Routes, Under Sea Cables - Page 2 A8iCY
Bobby Peru
Bobby Peru

Back to top Go down

Post by blackchoy Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi guys. I'm a newbie here. I've been learning about the flat earth for a couple of months now and I want to share something that just clicked into my brain. I travel to Hong Kong from NYC every few years and always knew about how the flight makes a parabolic shape. The plane I take have monitors behind each headrest and one of the entertainment features is to track the flight progress. I accepted the parabolic shape because if we were on a globe, it would be a shorter distance than traveling directly east to west.

I'm looking at flights recently to plan a trip maybe later this year and I was curious what the flight would look like if it was on the flat earth. Using a recent high-resolution Gleason map shared by a user in the Flat Earth Maps topic, I plotted some points.

The red line is the direct flight path from NYC to Hong Kong. I plotted some blue dots which are approximate locations of certain landmasses or cities based on my estimates from the Google flight map. Note the cities Yakutsk, Russia and Beijing, China. Very close to the red line indeed! Maybe next time I go, I can collect some more information through the flight tracker feature.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7j7zinibukltbr/nyc_hkg%20flat%20map.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmw05s0yvmnps14/nyc_hkg%20flight.png?dl=0

Last edited by blackchoy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

blackchoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum