IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horizon Rises To Eye Level

+11
zeteticseparovich
Admin
Level_Logic
Sienokupeta
Samar527
markwilson
Foreverlearning
Schpankme
Sceolme5
Realearth
Thinkforyourself
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Horizon Rises To Eye Level   - Page 2 Empty Re: Horizon Rises To Eye Level

Post by Nym Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Pretty interesting, if not frustrating, discussion about the horizon "appearing to rise to eye level" on a recent Flat Earth Debate show.

It seemed to me like the guys were all on the same page but debating semantics forever. It felt like they all agreed that the horizon does look like it rises with you as you raise in altitude, but in actuality it is NOT rising which is why it is necessary to do height of eye dip corrections when using earth as your baseline for navigation
Nym
Nym

Back to top Go down

Post by zeteticseparovich Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:58 pm

X15 Hyper sonic flight 317,000 feet, horizon still flat and at eye level. This is higher then amateur balloon and rocket footage.

Horizon Rises To Eye Level   - Page 2 Photo_17
Horizon Rises To Eye Level   - Page 2 Photo_16

zeteticseparovich

nowhereelsetogo, Nym, Rasik, BreezusChrist and comradelevelplane like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by enigma101x Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:12 pm

Level_Logic wrote:
markwilson wrote:
Samar527 wrote:
Can anybody help point out some errors in that experiment ?

His stuff is so superficial I'm surprised you can't easily see through it. He says,

"The horizon always rises? No, it doesn't. What do you think the horizon is, some mythical creature?"

Why do you suppose he interjects "some mythical creature," assigning that to his zetetic opponents?! And he does so immediately after a big fat lie. The horizon DOES always rise to eye level!

Have you watched the Baumgartner Red Bull jump? Do you see the horizon when the door opens? Yes, you do. The horizon always rises to eye level. What about the many weather balloons we've seen with the horizon risen to the eye level of those balloons?! How many videos do you suppose Eric has shared showing visual proof that the horizon always rises to eye level?

Yeah, those globers are trying to pull a fast one.
Red's Rhetoric did a video recently claiming to show that the horizon drops. Only problem is that his footage shows a greater drop from 0-300 feet than it does from 300-1600 (and that's as high as it goes). And based on the footage, a weather balloon from 25 miles up should show at least a 50 degree drop.

The difficult thing about it is that degrees are very hard to measure unless you have the right tools and you use them correctly. You cannot physically measure things that far away from you with exactness. You can only be consistent. Holding your pointer finger out in front of you is about 1 degree. Holding your fist sideways is about 10 degrees. But everyone's hands are different sizes. And what happens when people take photos and video footage? They could zoom in or out and angle it up or down slightly. These all can affect the perception of angles and apparent angular size.  

Generally, the flat horizon rises to eye level. But even on a flat surface, as you rise, eventually you will start to see a drop ever so slightly. But I'm sure you'd have to go pretty high. The fact that there is no drop or virtually no drop at all is an undeniable proof that we live on a flat plane.

So there is obvious trickery/deception going on with those trying to debunk flat earth.
That's why I think independent rocket and weather balloon launches are some of the best proof of flat earth.
They are not trying to prove or disprove anything. They just want to launch something up and film it for everyone to see. So most are not editing anything to suit a narrative.

Hey! I know I’m a little to the party but I just wanted to ask what calculation method did you use to find out that there should be a 50 degree drop? Smile
enigma101x
enigma101x

Kotolos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotolos Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:11 pm

enigma101x wrote:
Level_Logic wrote:
markwilson wrote:
Samar527 wrote:
Can anybody help point out some errors in that experiment ?

His stuff is so superficial I'm surprised you can't easily see through it. He says,

"The horizon always rises? No, it doesn't. What do you think the horizon is, some mythical creature?"

Why do you suppose he interjects "some mythical creature," assigning that to his zetetic opponents?! And he does so immediately after a big fat lie. The horizon DOES always rise to eye level!

Have you watched the Baumgartner Red Bull jump? Do you see the horizon when the door opens? Yes, you do. The horizon always rises to eye level. What about the many weather balloons we've seen with the horizon risen to the eye level of those balloons?! How many videos do you suppose Eric has shared showing visual proof that the horizon always rises to eye level?

Yeah, those globers are trying to pull a fast one.
Red's Rhetoric did a video recently claiming to show that the horizon drops. Only problem is that his footage shows a greater drop from 0-300 feet than it does from 300-1600 (and that's as high as it goes). And based on the footage, a weather balloon from 25 miles up should show at least a 50 degree drop.

The difficult thing about it is that degrees are very hard to measure unless you have the right tools and you use them correctly. You cannot physically measure things that far away from you with exactness. You can only be consistent. Holding your pointer finger out in front of you is about 1 degree. Holding your fist sideways is about 10 degrees. But everyone's hands are different sizes. And what happens when people take photos and video footage? They could zoom in or out and angle it up or down slightly. These all can affect the perception of angles and apparent angular size.  

Generally, the flat horizon rises to eye level. But even on a flat surface, as you rise, eventually you will start to see a drop ever so slightly. But I'm sure you'd have to go pretty high. The fact that there is no drop or virtually no drop at all is an undeniable proof that we live on a flat plane.

So there is obvious trickery/deception going on with those trying to debunk flat earth.
That's why I think independent rocket and weather balloon launches are some of the best proof of flat earth.
They are not trying to prove or disprove anything. They just want to launch something up and film it for everyone to see. So most are not editing anything to suit a narrative.

Hey! I know I’m a little to the party but I just wanted to ask what calculation method did you use to find out that there should be a 50 degree drop? Smile

I pretty certain I understand how hes calculated it to be (and OP Level_Logic can correct or clarify if I am wrong) is using the information of being 25 miles high, which by using that your able to figure out the distance to the horizon (which at 25mi on earth curvature calculator is 446mi) and given that distance to horizon calculate the curvature/drop which is 40km/25mi/132512ft. The maximum drop if you got high enough you'd be able to see is 90degrees due to the nature of a spherical shape and based on the distance and calculated horizon drop its calculated that that drop would be an observable 50degrees downward from eye-level.

Kotolos

enigma101x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Horizon Rises To Eye Level   - Page 2 Empty high-altitude footage

Post by RileySlowWave Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:46 am

hey all, thought this was a pretty interesting perspective

https://youtu.be/umAgH-0TOz4

high-altitude infrared footage + others

makes me think the [if any] curve perspective from above could be from the circular light of the sun(?)

i assume that's it...

also just the usual vanishing point, lensing, atmosphere...

it gets a tad chilly up there

i gathered data from select points, which i'll describe below as a summary:

starting temp = 69ºF at 5:37am, Bar Pres. 14.63 PSI, Alt 135 ft, Air Speed 0 MPH

coldest temp = -83ºF at 6:33am, Bar Pres. 1.23 PSI, Alt 56401 ft, Dist 47 miles, Air Speed 10.79 MPH

then temp rises to 15.80ºF at 7:49am, Bar Pres. 0.09 PSI, Alt 115139 ft, Dist 81 miles, Air Speed 54.95 MPH

Air cools slightly (a few degrees) --> BALLOON POPS

- as it falls, pressure gains (slowly, from very low)
- temp. is lowering (10.52ºF...)
  temp lowers into negative...

TEMP LOWERS DOWN TO -65.20ºF at 8:01am, Bar Pres. 1.82 PSI, Alt 50251 ft, Air Speed 36.45 MPH

Before raising again...

Back up to a balmy 81.10ºF at 8:27am, Bar Pres. 13.75 PSI, Alt 1907 ft, Air Speed 5 MPH

then ending, resting in grass at

temp = 77.10ºF at 8:28am, Bar Pres. 14.68 PSI, Alt = 98 ft, Air Speed 0.58 MPH

splendid(!) *given the accuracy of the equipment...*

oh, drift difference is Lat 0.08355, Long 0.50591 [subtracting start/finish coordinates]

noice
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

http://flateartheducation.com

Koubenakombi and Kotolos like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2