IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon

+31
financialconspirator
Emperor's New Clothes
Ben777
QuietKidOnEarth
revelation209
Realearth
Peter Toepfer
robs39
NateYad
SoMuchToUnlearn
Just Vital
Whatshappening
Expandedthinker
RickFE
Charliesoft
Truth Seeker
FlatMike
Skywalker
thugnastylol
vortexkitten
Schpankme
TheAlchemist
vortexpuppy
Beashambassador
BeLeeDee
Admin
Icarus
iahawks
licaga
FlatEartherInNH
Thinkforyourself
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty SUN OVERHEAD - Look at Cloud Shadows

Post by Truth Seeker Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:00 pm

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 17358911

Truth Seeker

Back to top Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty Sun remains the same?

Post by Charliesoft Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:50 am

I am having trouble getting to grips with this:
when the sun is in rotation over the tropic of cancer in June, how come temperatures in europe/north america/russia are far lower than equatorial ones, even though the sun is closer to these regions by 500km?And how can one explain the much greater range in temp in the northerly regions, but a much shorter range in the tropics, even in June?It doesn't make sense.
kind regards
Charlie

Charliesoft

Back to top Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty Re: The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon

Post by Charliesoft Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 am

I would also like some guidance on this:
when the sun is over the tropic of Capricorn, it is overhead such places as Argentina, sydney Australia and so on. the TOCapricorn is 5903 miles from Worthing, England(where I live),yet 3000 miles above the earth at Sydney,Australia; making the (hypothenuse) distance from worthing to the sun 6622 miles. How can the sun be the same size in the sky when viewed from over twice the distance?
Thanks in advance
Charlie

Charliesoft

Back to top Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty Re: The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon

Post by Charliesoft Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:57 am

sorry, in above post i meant the sun is 3000 miles above the tropic of capricorn.

Charliesoft

Back to top Go down

Post by RickFE Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Charliesoft wrote:I would also like some guidance on this:
when the sun is over the tropic of Capricorn, it is overhead such places as Argentina, sydney Australia and so on. the TOCapricorn is 5903 miles from Worthing, England(where I live),yet 3000 miles above the earth at Sydney,Australia; making the (hypothenuse) distance from worthing to the sun 6622 miles. How can the sun be the same size in the sky when viewed from over twice the distance?
Thanks in advance
Charlie

The sun is the same size no matter where you live. It doesn't change sizes, your perspective and distance to it changes. I live in Northern Canada, and the sun is not the same in winter as it is in summer. Also look into the Capricorn tropic and the summer in the southern hemisphere. It gets to 26C during the day, but drops to 9C at night in summer. This contradicts the globe model as we do not experience these drastic summer temperatures in the northern summer. This is because of the larger path the sun takes on the Capricorn. It is farther away hence its heat dissipates until its return. You are also going on theory. We do not know exactly how high or big the sun is. There are estimates, but do not use these to try to determine how the sun works.
RickFE
RickFE

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliesoft Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 am

Dear Rick, thanks for your reply. It has helped me gain more confidence with what I read, actually a quote from either Rowbotham or Winship's book, that light shining through a dense medium gains apparent size, see how the light from a gas lamp appears larger through a foggy haze. It's a fact. And also, thanks very much for the heads-up about checking out southern temperatures - I'll do that, it's interesting.
However, perhaps you could "shed some light" Very Happy (sorry) on my still-perplexing problem that northerly regions experience lower temps even when the sun is actually closer to them (as shown by up to 500km in some cases); like in June, than the equatorial regions, when the sun is rotaing on the circle of the TOCancer?Granted, the TOCancer goes directly overhead regions like north Africa, Arabia and North Mexico/Arizona, where is IS very hot; but my right-brained approach cannot see how England for example, has lower temps. It's closer to the TOCancer than Bali!(where I live now). I know that sunlight shining from directly overhead is more intense than from an angle. This still won't answer my problem. Sorry if this bugs you out a bit. Regards.
Thanks in advance, really hope you can help.
C

Charliesoft

Back to top Go down

Post by Expandedthinker Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:01 am

Anyone can look at the sun with a welding helmet and see it is massive, and a shocker to most as they think it would be smaller and not equal in size of the moon. I recently seen a video of a high altitude balloon "almost touching the sun." And in the comments box someone stated the earth's horizon was above the sun. This would be a MAJOR proof but it would require another balloon launch WITH a shader on the lens to remove the glare and shine of the sun. This way we could see the exact size below the horizon!!!!! There is also a cool trick when the camera rotates away from the light source and you can see the mirror image of said light source without the glare. This can be tried at home with any camera and in the balloon video you can see the sun shape yet would still be confused and turned down as evidence to those soon to be believers. I hope this idea reaches videos soon!!!

Expandedthinker

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatshappening Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Hello! First post here. Coming from a different angle the 3000 miles high figure bothers me. I am from Sweden and while the sun barely sets in summer, it does set, and from what I can approximately calculate by taking the Stockholm-Capetown distance as a comparison, Stockholm to the tropic of cancer is only about 6000-6500 miles away. This would mean an angle of about 22,5 degrees to the sun, but it still setting, so from this I feel the sun would need to be substantially lower than 3000 miles in order to be able to set. I have to admit I didn't read all the posts in this thread, and didn't immerse myself completely in what I did read to ascertain whether those calculations are flawless, but perhaps there is something to be revisited, or am I making a mistake here with my line of thought? Thanks and looking forward to participate in the forum here!!

Whatshappening

Back to top Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty The Triangle of the Gleason Map

Post by Just Vital Mon May 08, 2017 11:35 am

I found this short but interesting video about the triangle of the Gleason Map, and how it leads us to the distances of the moon and the sun on the GE. Coincidence...? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-zXGdwfoo&spfreload=10

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 2017-011

Just Vital
Just Vital

http://www.justvital.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Mon May 08, 2017 12:03 pm

SUN setting off the Island of Phuket
Note:
  Sun reducing in size as it moves further away from the observer.
  Sun moves off to the right as it circles above the Flat Earth.
  Sun of man walks on water from the horizon to the observer.

Last edited by Schpankme on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Schpankme
Schpankme

ukimranali likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SoMuchToUnlearn Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:47 am

Great timelapse compilation proving the sun is not 93 million miles away.

There is also some ridiculous NASA CGI where they 'film the sunset from the ISS'
We never experience it like that!
SoMuchToUnlearn
SoMuchToUnlearn

Back to top Go down

Post by NateYad Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 am

I have seen over and over again videos about the sun getting bigger as it rises and moves across the sky, which makes perfect sense to me. But why is it that the moon starts off big and then shrinks as it travels across the sky? Having a hard time wrapping my head around it

NateYad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:16 am

Magnification of the Sun/Moon Near Horizon
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robs39 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:55 am

Hello everyone,

I have just discovered the flat earth theory a few weeks ago.
There is one main question i can't explain to myself.

I would be pleased if someone could explain it to me. So, this is it:

Refering to the dome theory, thats tell us: The earth is surrounded by a dome. I ask myself, how can the dome start in a height of 80-120km (Operation fishbowl/ Dominic) and the sun is ~4800km away?
(These are the distances I kept in mind after watching many videos, mostly by Eric Dubay [translated Videos, because i am not a native english speaker])

Thank you! Smile

robs39

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 am

As you noted, the "dome" is merely theory and Operation Fishbowl information is all coming from the American government (not a reliable source) so there is no way for us to know it's height when we don't yet even have confirmation of its existence. Welcome to the forum. Peace
Admin
Admin
Admin

ukimranali likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robs39 Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 am

Yeah, right. I get your point.
Thank you for your answer.

[Off topic: I have got some more questions about the flat earth. Should I post them into some other Threads that it may belong into?]

robs39

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 am

Hey Robs, this is meant to be a "research society," for people to compile and present research more-so than a question/answer forum, but if you've perused all the threads and still have questions that haven't been answered you may ask in relevant threads or in the Q&A thread here: http://ifers.123.st/t70-questions-about-the-flat-earth Peace
Admin
Admin
Admin

Standswithmic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Toepfer Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:04 pm

I have not found a thread, please apologize if there is one for this question:
Globalists say that on a flat earth the approaching sun and moon shoud get bigger and get smaller when disapearing again. I wonder if there has been a discussion here on this topic, can someone help me where please?
Thank you!
Peter Toepfer
Peter Toepfer

http://peter-toepfer.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Vital Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Peter Toepfer wrote:I have not found a thread, the approaching sun and moon shoud get bigger and get smaller when disapearing again. I wonder if there has been a discussion here on this topic

This thread will explain it pretty well: http://ifers.123.st/t137-magnification-of-the-sun-moon-near-the-horizon
Just Vital
Just Vital

http://www.justvital.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Toepfer Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Thank you very much!
Peter Toepfer
Peter Toepfer

http://peter-toepfer.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by Realearth Sun May 27, 2018 12:11 am

Realearth
Realearth

Back to top Go down

The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 Empty Sunlight and shadows on clouds prove near sun right?

Post by revelation209 Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 pm

On a cloudy (but not overcast) day, you can sometimes see the sun shining on the side of clouds that are behind clouds further away from you, which shouldn't be possible if the sun is 93 mln miles away. Or put differently, imagine looking at the clouded sky, the sun in the middle, going down in the afternoon. To the right of the sun is a huge cloud that's illuminated on it's left side, but the front of it (that you are looking straight at) is in the shadow of the sunlight. Now imagine another, smaller cloud, that to you is in front of the first cloud, you can see the first cloud all around its edges. Now if the sun is 93 mln miles away, the small cloud should be entirely in the shadow of the big cloud, yet I've seen several instances where the left side of the small cloud is also luminated by the sun, concluding that the sun is much nearer than nasa claims. Can anyone here follow my reasoning? Is it sound?

https:// www . dropbox . com/s/1hmwsxqaooxqcwh/Light%20and%20shade%20on%20clouds.pdf?dl=0

I've tried to enclose a photo, the sun was on the left of it, about as far as the encircled cloud that should'nt have sunlight on it for being in front of the bigger cloud. It's a crappy photo and very hard to capture any depth, but perhaps people can pick up on this and take better ones.

Cheers,
Revelation 209 aka Deja Vu
revelation209
revelation209

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietKidOnEarth Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:56 am

Can someone explain why the sky above Earth is black in high altitude footage? Is it because low density air? Or is that just the color of the uppermost sky where the stars are? The Size And Distance Of The Sun/Moon   - Page 2 High_a10

QuietKidOnEarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:35 am

QuietKidOnEarth wrote:
Can someone explain why the sky above Earth is black in high altitude footage?
Is it because low density air?

Density within the air column produces the optical effect called Light; without density (above 25 miles) there is no Light.
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietKidOnEarth Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:05 am

Great, thanks for your reply.

QuietKidOnEarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next