IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat earth and your relationship

5 posters

Go down

Flat earth and your relationship Empty Flat earth and your relationship

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:34 am

Hi there,

Since a year or two I've been looking into flat earth. It didn't take long for me to take it very seriously and to consider the globe theory to be actually quite ridiculous. I went through a rollercoaster of fascination and admiration and some kind of gratefulness when biking underneath a sky that started to feel more logical and I wanted to share this with my partner, who is the sweetest and best man I could wish for and with whom I have a relationship I cherish every day. But although I was relieved we both didn't buy the covid hoax, this was too much. He is the type of person who admires NASA, ESA, space theories and he really didn't like it.

I decided that this divide and conquer lie of fucked up elites wasn't worth a battle influencing our relationship, but sometimes I find it hard not to be able to share something I find quite important, life changing.
Some weeks ago we went to a star observatory, also hearing men, working there, talking with enthousiasm about several space theories that now seem childish to me and he asked me what was wrong. I simply told him that I loved to watch the sky, but that I just had completely different ideas about all this than him, and that I had decided that I may need to accept this wasn't something we can really talk about.
So he asked me: 'Do you, for instance, think that the moon landing was fake?', and I said 'Oh, definitely'. And he confirmed, Yes, that is too much indeed, like people thinking Elvis still lives theories. And so we decide this was maybe a topic to avoid. And that was only about moon landings.. whereas I tried talking about the shape of the earth two years ago.

So this is the point where I am now, and there isn't anybode else either, that I'm aware of, that wouldn't think I completely lost my mind.
I'm from the Netherlands by the way, I'm not sure whether it's more common in the USA to take FE seriously.

So, just sharing, how are you coping with this?

Emperor's New Clothes

Admin, jessieThinks, Ricend, Epic65, Scoutpi1, TyrannicalSawdustRex, SteveRoller and Bouwen like this post

Back to top Go down

Flat earth and your relationship Empty Re: Flat earth and your relationship

Post by Epic65 Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:59 pm

Hi there
From NL also, we already 'spoke' 👋
I really wonder how you guys and girls cope, when thinking the opposite of something so fundamental.
My wife would not buy anything when talking about our level plane, which I found out about in 2017. She even wanted to drop me off at the nearest clinic for mental healthcare.
She died of cancer just before the pandemic broke loose, still wonder how we would have been getting along. I knew there was something very wrong with it.
But, still trying to tell friends about the stuff I found out about and there is no response besides making a fool of you.
They really think I lost it.
So, I keep it to myself en live a lonely life. Pathetic ej?
But knowing about certain things gives me some kind of 'tranquil' feeling.
Nice to meet you and good luck with your friend, stay strong, you know you are right.
Groet,
Eric

Epic65

Admin, Emperor's New Clothes and SteveRoller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveRoller Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:40 am

I would have a hard time being in a long-term relationship with someone who wasn't on the same page as me with big issues like flat earth. If you think there's a chance he'll come around, broach the subject lightly every now and then just to keep testing the waters. If it causes a rift in your interactions, that might be a sign to move on. Seriously. I would think anyone who cares deeply about their partner would at least want to hear them out and find out why they believe what they do. To shut it down or shut it out altogether doesn't bode well for the future of your relationship.

That being said, give it time. We're all on different paths. It could take months or maybe years, but you should at least be able to talk about it without it causing problems.

Maybe if you keep planting seeds and watering them, he'll come around eventually. Best wishes.

Last edited by SteveRoller on Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
SteveRoller
SteveRoller

https://steveroller.com

Epic65 and Emperor's New Clothes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:12 pm

SteveRoller wrote:I would have a hard time being in a long-term relationship with someone who wasn't on the same page as me with big issues like flat earth. If you think there's a chance he'll come around, broach the subject lightly every now and then just to keep testing the waters. If it causes a rift in your interactions, that might be a sign to move on. Seriously. I would think anyone who cares deeply about their partner would at least want to hear them out and find out why they believe what they do. To shut it down or shut it out altogether doesn't bode well for the future of your relationship.

That being said, give it time. We're all on different paths. It could take months or maybe years, but you should at least be able to talk about it without it causing problems.

Maybe if you keep planting seeds and watering them, he'll come around eventually. Best wishes.

Thanks, yes, you're right.
The first time we talked I kind of panicked. I started sharing insights and he responded with remarks like: it's all very complicated. It feels to me like a 'he works in mysterious ways' kind of argument, shutting any further conversation down. Simply observing the sky with honest and open curiosity didn't compare to what he considered was brilliant science beyond our capacities (not his words but my summary more or less). And he said, if you're interested in these kind of things we can go to the space expo, or you can read books from Stephen Hawkins. And I had only just begun talking, he has no clue how thoroughly I'd studied the subject and how much I have started to detest the lie structure around it.
He's really sweet, he didn't get angry towards me, but he did get emotional about the topic. With very fierce 'come on!?'-like replies, or saying: do you really want to go there and exclude yourself from everyone this way? (interesting remark by the way)

I left it there, and struggled with it, and am in a status quo that I can live with much better then a year or two ago. But I guess you're totally right. I might even not be on the same page with him about it, but at least it would be nice if I don't need to hide my ideas. It's so wonderful and fascinating! And the cover-up part is terribly ugly of course. I think that's the problem. I'm afraid he's only willing to take some red pills, but not the must upsetting ones. I just want the truth, always.

Anyway, I'll be patient, try not to panic, and consider your advice Wink
Thanks!

Emperor's New Clothes

Epic65 and SteveRoller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveRoller Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:09 am

One more thing — guys tend to be more emotionally attached to science and space and NASA and rockets and all of it than women, I think because it's kind of "manly" to be an astronaut and an explorer, as these guys pretend to be. It's hard to imagine your heroes and ideals you find aspirational to be fake, so they tend to not want to look into it. For that reason, men are less likely than women to believe in flat earth.

Also, anyone who makes a living through any kind of science, teaching at a university, or working for the government in any capacity is less likely to believe in flat earth.

Take your time with each other and work on other aspects of the relationship while you (hopefully) open his mind up about this.

On a different note, I think I'm going to create a dating app for flat earthers. Smile
SteveRoller
SteveRoller

https://steveroller.com

Epic65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 pm

SteveRoller wrote:One more thing — guys tend to be more emotionally attached to science and space and NASA and rockets and all of it than women, I think because it's kind of "manly" to be an astronaut and an explorer, as these guys pretend to be. It's hard to imagine your heroes and ideals you find aspirational to be fake, so they tend to not want to look into it. For that reason, men are less likely than women to believe in flat earth.

Also, anyone who makes a living through any kind of science, teaching at a university, or working for the government in any capacity is less likely to believe in flat earth.

Take your time with each other and work on other aspects of the relationship while you (hopefully) open his mind up about this.

On a different note, I think I'm going to create a dating app for flat earthers. Smile

Yes, the status of the astronauts! It's quite briljant actually, to teach yount boys to idolize them. I've always wondered why astronauts were interviewed with silly questions about how they brush their teeth in space and talk more about their astronaut life then about their research. Boys and men walk around wearing NASA shirts and call their dog Laika, not knowing they idolize criminals.

Flat Earth dating, wonderful idea Wink

Emperor's New Clothes

Epic65 and SteveRoller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Webby69 Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:22 am

Hi All.

I just read the lady in the Netherlands and the relationship divide.
You are 100% thoroughly right about the level earth . All NASA fakes , completely fake.
I have tried to open some people's eyes of this truth to also be now left out , looked at like I am crazy. Told I am simple.

I am ex military and it is the Truth "Classified" . Undulated is the term . Not flat or convex.
People still don't believe me.
The best tactical training we have is Eric Dubays video on 30 Flat Earth Fallacies and Sphere Earth Sophistry. Study and memorize for tactical response against those who mistake knowledge as ignorance.

It is painful that such a successful brainwashing indoctrination damages the mind .

Stick to your guns because you are correct and you know , feel it in your heart with common sense prevailing.

Long live the King Eric Dubay.

Webby69

notdownunder, Epic65, Emperor's New Clothes and SteveRoller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic65 Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:22 am

I love your explanation and motivation. At this moment I no longer suffer from this knowledge with regards to a close relationship with a partner. I know for sure it would have been a major issue. Still have some other relationships like my mom, my cousin, my daughter and son in law, my friends. They all think I lost it. But it does not affect my daily life that much. It bothers me but that one day will come when I shut them all up. Maybe.
Would love to call myself Flat Earth Eric, but there is of course only one.
Cheers👍✌

Epic65

Emperor's New Clothes and SteveRoller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Webby69 Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:28 pm

I have two children and I have shown and explained the level Earth to them for years . My 18 year old daughter tres to share this to her boyfriend and same thing , fluoride stare then ridiculed. Then when you try to explain to older parents who witnessed the fake moon landings and say it was the greatest thing they ever saw and partying on after. Hard to convince . Ask them to watch these truth videos because you value their opinion and respect it So what is their to be afraid of . Show them the Stanly Kubrick cOnfession . And show the footage of Buzz Aldrin saying they never went. Hard to argue with that.
And you want and need your kids to grow up with Common Sense

Webby69

CajunPie and Epic65 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:49 pm

I was a bit behind reading here, many thanks for the interesting replies and for your understanding.
It helps me also to be grateful that I've opened up my mind, grateful towards people who made this information available. When people think it's crazy I tell myself they are brainwash victims, like I was before. Instead of focussing on the fact I can't share it, the glass is half full: at least I allowed myself to actually look, despite the gaslighting and (what I'd call the effect from contacts confirming the lies) the secundary gaslighting.
Webby69 wrote:Hi All.
I am ex military and it is the Truth "Classified" . Undulated is the term . Not flat or convex.
Just double checking (as English is not my native language): do you mean that there could be quite some people working at the military who know the truth based upon actual proof? And do you mean that the shape of the surface of the earth is called 'undulated' at the military, as in 'waved' (as my translator would say).

Emperor's New Clothes

Back to top Go down

Post by Webby69 Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:46 am

The description Undulated is one step closer than Flat. To describe the wave like appearance of hills and valleys, gorges or canyons. The whole expanse is level . Grid lines on maps are at 0. sea level. You hold the compass level ,you orientate a map the right direction level . You don't then bend the map over your knee to simulate a curved Earth . It just ridiculous . I'm in Australia and we are not Down Under anything but the sky above.

Webby69

notdownunder and Emperor's New Clothes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:53 am

Webby69 wrote:The description Undulated is one step closer than Flat. To describe the wave like appearance of hills and valleys, gorges or canyons. The whole expanse is level . Grid lines on maps are at 0. sea level. You hold the compass level ,you orientate a map the right direction level . You don't then bend the map over your knee to simulate a curved Earth . It just ridiculous  . I'm in Australia and we are not Down Under anything but the sky above.

Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying that!
Interesting, Australia. Apart from 'down under' part (in the heliocentric model all would be relative, and there wouldn't be any 'under' I suppose) I find the map distortion very interesting there to.
Something I posted before I'd like to share with you:

Considering that in the south, longitude lines next to one another relate differently in the round earth model than in the flat earth model,
/ \  in the flat earth model and \ / in the round earth model, would the following make sense, has something like this been done?:
-Someone looks up a high building south from the equator and it's exact latitude, let's say in Brisbane.
-He/she take a gps-device, a device with a strong zoom lens and a compas and travels a considerable distance to a place in the west with the exact same latitude.
-From the spot with the exact same latitude as the building the person looks up the east on the compas and focusses straight at the east.
Would this then mean that the building pops up in view off-center either way? A bit left from the center in a flat earth model and a bit right from the center in a round earth model?

Emperor's New Clothes

Back to top Go down

Post by Webby69 Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:16 am

Years later after finally coming across the Gleason new standard map( UN symbol Flag) , is that there is no need for the True North , Magnetic North and Grid North variation carry on . Which is shown on Topographical maps . With the hypothetical molten mag core Inside the Earth .
You can see on the Flat earth map that the North/ South meridian lines meet at North central point under Polaris and extend straight out south on the meridian line. And the east to west grid lines are all giant circles and tropics .
Then on the topographical map the square grid is placed over these odd pizza slice shaped divisions of the Flat circular earth. .

Webby69

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraCat Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:01 am

Emperor's New Clothes wrote:Hi there,

Since a year or two I've been looking into flat earth. It didn't take long for me to take it very seriously and to consider the globe theory to be actually quite ridiculous. I went through a rollercoaster of fascination and admiration and some kind of gratefulness when biking underneath a sky that started to feel more logical and I wanted to share this with my partner, who is the sweetest and best man I could wish for and with whom I have a relationship I cherish every day. But although I was relieved we both didn't buy the covid hoax, this was too much. He is the type of person who admires NASA, ESA, space theories and he really didn't like it.
So, just sharing, how are you coping with this?

The Covid episode caused a tremendous amount of trouble in relationships of all kinds; marital, family, friends, work colleagues, etc. Flat-earth is a whole other level, going far, far deeper. Don't be discouraged though; if your partner didn't fall for the Covid episode, then he's not far from opening up to flat earth.

One of the fundamentals of the subconscious mind is that deeply held believes are often most likely to reprogram with questions, whereas the response to hard facts will tend to be like a brick wall. Upon receiving a question, the processing tends to be involuntary. Think of it like a man in the warehouse whereby if you provide him with a question, it causes an involuntary retreat into the warehouse, rooting around through cabinets for a possible answer, and if one is found, it may be accepted as a new truth.

The best advice I could give is, try to give little pointers and questions; things that are within present moment sense-perception. Draw his attention to the moon and ask: "How do spherical objects normally reflect light? Uniformly, or in a faded way?"..."Do you think the moon is very shiny?"..."How does a dusty rock shine like that?"..."Does the moon do the same, or is the light uniform across its face?"..."(For a full moon) How is the outer part equally lit to the inner if it's spherical?".

The key is to draw the person's attention to things that can be observed with present moment sense-perception, give them pointers and questions, let it flow into the subconscious mind, and then just leave it there for days, weeks, even months. If the person is open minded enough, point them to Eric's '200 proofs'. If the person has enough openness, curiosity and bravery, the mind may eventually awaken. That's the best you can do. Unfortunately, it typically cannot be forced.

English journalist James Delingpole did a Substack piece about flat earth very recently, even mentioning Eric in it. His skill as a professional journalist really shows with the way he has written this piece, aiming it primarily at those hostile toward flat earth theory, while masking (I believe) his own new-found belief in flat earth. Perhaps your partner would be willing to read the article. I can't post the link here, but you can search Substack for "James Delingpole".

TerraCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor's New Clothes Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:11 pm

TerraCat wrote:

The Covid episode caused a tremendous amount of trouble in relationships of all kinds; marital, family, friends, work colleagues, etc. Flat-earth is a whole other level, going far, far deeper. Don't be discouraged though; if your partner didn't fall for the Covid episode, then he's not far from opening up to flat earth

English journalist James Delingpole did a Substack piece about flat earth very recently, even mentioning Eric in it. His skill as a professional journalist really shows with the way he has written this piece, aiming it primarily at those hostile toward flat earth theory, while masking (I believe) his own new-found belief in flat earth. Perhaps your partner would be willing to read the article. I can't post the link here, but you can search Substack for "James Delingpole".

Thanks for the tips, that makes sense
And I'll definitely look up Delingpole's substack. I know his podcast and think it's great if he pays attention to FE in a positive way!

Emperor's New Clothes

clankee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down