IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths

+3
Schpankme
Litteämaa
Thinkforyourself
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Empty Re: Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Posted by Admin on 04/05/2015
See the dozens of parallels between Dionysus (the God of Wine) and Jesus (Turner of Water to Wine): www.truthbeknown.com/dionysus.html

I already linked you to articles and videos regarding Vishnu/Krishna and their related myths, but you're still just arguing semantics instead of "honestlyseekingtruth" like your name boasts.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Apparently 'dangerous person'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Empty Re: Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Apr 4, 2015 17:10:30 GMT lizardking said:
Where was the first mention of a literal or metaphysical being who we would regard as a Devil or Lucifer? Did this originate in Atlantis, for instance?

Also, does anyone think there genuinely was a giant flood that altered the shape of our continents? There are ancient cities underwater and riverbeds at the bottom of oceans suggesting that there potentially was.

Don't know about the D-evil question. The flood story has many clearly mythological elements, but there are also likely historical possibilities as well.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Posted by thinkforyourself on 04/05/2015

Apr 4, 2015 16:30:43 GMT Admin said:
I already provided you with a link showing Virishna/Vishnu to be the same with different spellings, and his 8th avatar Krishna was analogous to Christ. You clearly didn't read any of my articles or watch any of the videos which contain the proof you're claiming to want but are unwilling to receive. 
Thanks for posting, this is very interesting. It seems quite likely that there was some form of Rabbi running around, preaching the ancient spiritual parables, and that a cover-up was done to explain his connection to Bethlehem. As Hitchens' said, that cover-up would not have been needed had the entire story been made up from scratch. 

In Glastonbury and other areas in the West Country in England, there is a belief that a Jesus figure visited the area. The theory goes that Jesus had an uncle or family friend who was a metal trader, and that he used to visit England to trade with the miners. Whilst on these trips, he bought his young nephew Jesus with him, and he potentially had him educated at Druid Universities/Schools. I wonder if there could be some truth to this, and that this young 'Jesus' learned from the Druids the mythology and parables of the ancient world and about Hesus, and that he then returned to the Middle-East, and started a career as a preaching Rabbi, who was a 'Son of God', now called Jesus, like the figure that Hitchens' refers to. Could any of this be at all correct? 

Here are a few links to theories regarding 'Jesus' visiting Britain: 

www.storyline-features.co.uk/glastonbury.htm

www.amazon.co.uk/The-Missing-Years-Jesus-Extraordinary/dp/1848500424

www.amazon.co.uk/St-Joseph-Arimathea-Glastonbury-Lionel-Smithett/dp/0718891651/ref=pd_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=117J7FCCFH5DS83Y9WWA

codexceltica.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/and-did-these-sandals-walk-upon.html

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Posted by lizardking on 04/05/2015

Apr 4, 2015 17:03:11 GMT honesttruthseeker said:
Excuse me for having Wikipedia as evidence....which is based on actual historical manuscripts/drawings.

Am I supposed to believe everything David Icke or Archarya S or any other writer is saying? Even if what they are saying cannot be backed up on historical documents?

I do not accuse Eric of anything, but he was dodging the question and his final answer was that Virishna was actually Vishnu/Krishna. Now where in Vishnu/Krishna's history/myths do we find the following, story which is attributed to Virishna ??
He was born to a virgin by immaculate conception through the intervention of a holy spirit. This fulfilled an ancient prophecy. When he was born the ruling tyrant wanted to kill him. His parents had to flee to safety. All male children under the age of two were slain by the ruler as he sought to kill the child. Angels and shepherds were at his birth and he was given gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. He was worshipped as the savior of men and led a moral and humble life. He performed miracles which included healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, casting out devils and raising the dead. He was put to death on the cross between two thieves. He descended to hell and rose from the dead to ascend back to heaven. Sounds exactly like Jesus doesn’t it? But it’s not. That is how they described the Eastern savior god known as Virishna 1,200 years before Jesus is claimed to have been born.”

Now, in the paragraph you have shown me, the only similarity between the two is that Dionysus was the god of grape harvest and Jesus turned water into wine once. Everyone believes what he wants out of this but it will only be speculation.

Jesus was mentioned by writers, but because these writers have become christians, now people is expected to find pagan sources, because christian writers are liars and forgers so they are not trustworthy.

You know, there are over 5000 manuscripts of the new testament alone and people still think Jesus never existed. While for these other deities you guys mention, the documents/manuscripts/drawings depicting them are laughable.

You know what, you guys believe what you want, everyone is free to think what they want.

For the moment I am going to focus on the flat earth proofs and leave this debate.

Well that's an extremely lame attitude. We are both trying to learn here and you haven't even watched any of Eric's videos like he said. 

Please specify which writers you mean? If it is someone like Josephus who was after Jesus' time, that is proof of nothing.

The Bible is not self evident. There are millions of copies of the Bible printed every year now, does that add to the authenticity of a story more than two thousand years old? Eric is not claiming that Vishnu or Krishna were actual physical people, and there in lies the difference.

Maybe you can come back when you are willing to look at things objectively.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Apr 4, 2015 17:03:11 GMT honesttruthseeker said:
Excuse me for having Wikipedia as evidence....which is based on actual historical manuscripts/drawings.

Am I supposed to believe everything David Icke or Archarya S or any other writer is saying? Even if what they are saying cannot be backed up on historical documents?

I do not accuse Eric of anything, but he was dodging the question and his final answer was that Virishna was actually Vishnu/Krishna. Now where in Vishnu/Krishna's history/myths do we find the following, story which is attributed to Virishna ??
He was born to a virgin by immaculate conception through the intervention of a holy spirit. This fulfilled an ancient prophecy. When he was born the ruling tyrant wanted to kill him. His parents had to flee to safety. All male children under the age of two were slain by the ruler as he sought to kill the child. Angels and shepherds were at his birth and he was given gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. He was worshipped as the savior of men and led a moral and humble life. He performed miracles which included healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, casting out devils and raising the dead. He was put to death on the cross between two thieves. He descended to hell and rose from the dead to ascend back to heaven. Sounds exactly like Jesus doesn’t it? But it’s not. That is how they described the Eastern savior god known as Virishna 1,200 years before Jesus is claimed to have been born.”

Now, in the paragraph you have shown me, the only similarity between the two is that Dionysus was the god of grape harvest and Jesus turned water into wine once. Everyone believes what he wants out of this but it will only be speculation.

Jesus was mentioned by writers, but because these writers have become christians, now people is expected to find pagan sources, because christian writers are liars and forgers so they are not trustworthy.

You know, there are over 5000 manuscripts of the new testament alone and people still think Jesus never existed. While for these other deities you guys mention, the documents/manuscripts/drawings depicting them are laughable.

You know what, you guys believe what you want, everyone is free to think what they want.

For the moment I am going to focus on the flat earth proofs and leave this debate.

Please do not leave the debate. I am not attacking you, I just want to find out the truth, as I imagine you do as well. I agree that Icke alone is not a fully trustworthy source, but Eric and the others have also posted other, credible sources for their information. 

Who are the Christian historians that you mentioned? I am genuinely interested in finding out. 

When were the 5000 manuscripts written? Were any contemporary to Jesus, or were they all written hundreds of years later? 

Of course, to some degree, all of this comes down to how we as individuals interpret things, and how we are all different. Just so that you know, I am not in any way anti-Christ or anti-Christian. 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Posted by honesttruthseeker on 04/05/2015
I have watched some of the videos Eric has posted and checked some links.

Now, the problem is this: I don't like when someone else thinks for me. I like to think for myself. So I can't listen to other people who are presenting me some supposed similarities between these stories.

What I want to see, is where in the story of Dyonisus/Krishna/Mithra etc. are all those facts depicted. I want to read those stories and see for myself if there are any similarities or not.
But the sources for these "myths" should be credible. 

For instance, Krishna appears in Mahabharata, the Harivamsa, the Bhagavata Purana,  Vishnu Purana and Bhagavata Gita. 

Now, I would like to be pointed where and in which of this manuscripts do you find the story that is attached to Krishna and is similar to Jesus one. This is the kind of evidence that can not be refuted, not Archarya S or David Icke.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Posted by schpankme on 04/05/2015

Apr 4, 2015 18:05:05 GMT honesttruthseeker said:
I don't like when someone else thinks for me.

Then put the book down and back away.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Posted by lizardking on 04/05/2015

Apr 4, 2015 18:05:05 GMT honesttruthseeker said:
I have watched some of the videos Eric has posted and checked some links.

Now, the problem is this: I don't like when someone else thinks for me. I like to think for myself. So I can't listen to other people who are presenting me some supposed similarities between these stories.

What I want to see, is where in the story of Dyonisus/Krishna/Mithra etc. are all those facts depicted. I want to read those stories and see for myself if there are any similarities or not.
But the sources for these "myths" should be credible. 

For instance, Krishna appears in Mahabharata, the Harivamsa, the Bhagavata Purana,  Vishnu Purana and Bhagavata Gita. 

Now, I would like to be pointed where and in which of this manuscripts do you find the story that is attached to Krishna and is similar to Jesus one. This is the kind of evidence that can not be refuted, not Archarya S or David Icke.

I am by no means an expert so maybe we could both look towards proving/disproving these claims. I have been googling and it is obviously not as simple as "I said so." I would also be interested if someone could verify these comparisons. I must admit that I am still very confused about this subject. See, you don't have to leave the debate! 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

What does everyone think about these links? Do they have any credibility or are they simply incorrect? 

thedevineevidence.com/jesus_similarities.html

thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Apr 5, 2015 1:46:40 GMT thinkforyourself said:
What does everyone think about these links? Do they have any credibility or are they simply incorrect? 

thedevineevidence.com/jesus_similarities.html

thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

Excellent link, thinkforyourself.

Thank you very much.

I would say the links are very credible because for every allegation they point you to the exact passage in the Bhagavata Gita.

I will study those and come back.

Thanks again.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:40 pm

The clearly literalist Christian author of those two links provides substatiation for less than 20% of his claims. He just brings up some point and says "there is no evidence for this," and "there is no evidence for that." Before everyone starts jumping the fence and closing off their right-brains, please do some research into Astrotheology and ancient mushroom/fertility cults. These are MYTHS which I've explained in detail int he following posts:

Astrotheology Part 1

Astrotheology Part 2

Astrotheology Part 3

Gnosticism, Gnostics, Gnosis and the Jesus Myth

Jesus Christ: Man or Myth?

The Bible's Hidden Meanings

Jesus Christ the Magic Mushroom Part 1

Jesus Christ the Magic Mushroom Part 2

Santa Claus the Magic Mushroom

Mushroom Mythologies

The Multi-Faceted Magic Mushroom

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Apr 5, 2015 5:17:45 GMT Admin said:
The clearly literalist Christian author of those two links provides substatiation for less than 20% of his claims. He just brings up some point and says "there is no evidence for this," and "there is no evidence for that." Before everyone starts jumping the fence and closing off their right-brains, please do some research into Astrotheology and ancient mushroom/fertility cults. These are MYTHS which I've explained in detail int he following posts:

Astrotheology Part 1

Astrotheology Part 2

Astrotheology Part 3

Mushroom Mythologies

Eric, this "clearly literalist Christian author" has actually done research himself and proved with verses from Bhagavata Gita that Krishna's life is not even close to Jesus's life 

Your research, which I have checked, is only based on writers like David Icke, Michael Tsarion, Archarya S, Graham Hancock, Alex Jordan.

You quickly point very accurately to verses from Bible which supposedly reinforce your point, but fail to point to verses from indian or budhist sacred texts where we can all read and see for ourselves if there are similarities or not.

I have to remind you, the burden of proof is on you when you claim for instance that Krishna was crucified between two thieves. 

Can you please show me a piece of historical evidence for such a claim? Like a link to a verse from hindus sacred texts??

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Bible1

In reading the Bible cover to cover it has become increasingly clear to me that these holy scriptures were meant to be taken symbolically, not literally or historically. Things like talking snakes and bushes, virgins giving birth, eating the body of Christ, staffs turning into serpents, and many other biblical "miracles" are all actually ancient spiritual symbolisms, found in many cultures/traditions around the world, thousands of years older than the Bible, referring to psychological phenomena, not historical events. Of course snakes and bushes cannot talk, of course virgins cannot give birth, Christ isn't a cannibal, wooden staffs cannot turn into living serpents, water cannot magically turn into wine, breads/fish cannot magically manifest from the aether, and humans cannot survive for days inside whale's bellies. 

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 LeftBrainRightBrain

2 Corinthians 3:6 clearly says the scriptures should NOT be read literally. Matthew 13:34 says Jesus never spoke unless it was in parables. He said people who took the word literally were like those who looked but could not see! Modern fundamentalist Christians who read the Bible literally with their over-active left-brains are missing the whole point. The reason Jesus cast nets to the right side, sits on the right side of God, and builds the door to the temple on the right side, is because he is leading us out of our lower left brains and into our holistic, symbolic, higher brainon the right.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Is-ra-el

This is what the Exodus of slaves out of lower Egypt is all about, a manual for spiritual enlightenment, not a literal slave revolt. There is no history of 600,000 slaves leaving Egypt for Israel because it never happened, and Israel never used to be an actual place! It was just three names of gods - Isis - Ra - Elohim, shortened to Is-ra-el. The real promised land Moses spoke of exists between your ears! Acts 7:48 says, "The most high dwelleth not in temples made with hands." The only temples not built by human hands are the two temples behind your eyes, in front of your ears. As said in 1 Corinthians 3:16, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Pineal-gland

In Matthew 6:22 Jesus says, "The lamp of the body is the eye, if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Genesis 32:30 states that, "Jacob called the place Peniel (Pineal), saying 'it is because I saw God face to face.'" In other words, Jesus and Jacob are referring to the Pineal gland, the "third-eye," meditation point which lies at the geometric center of our brains. When you slow your brain waves through meditation, sensory-deprivation, entheogens or other methods, your usually over-active left-brain eases off and allows access to the higher, holistic right brain and through to the pineal gland, which the Bible calls the dwelling place of God, and Descartes called the seat of the soul.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Entheogen-visionary-plants-religion

Many fundamentalist Christians insist that things like meditation or entheogens are "evil" and open you up to "demons," but in reality, meditation is just sitting still and doing nothing, and those God-created entheogenic plants just grow that way. If sitting still doing nothing for a while every day is so negative, why does it have so many positive physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits!? And if entheogens are so negative, why do they also have so many positive physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits? Basically, these people locked in their left-brain literal thinking, see anything that helps stimulate their right-brain lateral thinking as against their rigid beliefs.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Buddha-jesus

Romans 2:29 says, "He is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter." It doesn't get any clearer than that. The Bible is saying circumcision is of the heart, not the penis! To focus on the spirit (the symbolic), not in the letter (the literal)! And that Jews are anyone who is inwardly focused, those who seek God within, meditators, prayers, not a race or religion! God doesn't choose a race of people over others, God's "chosen people" are simply devoted meditators.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Atlas-rockefeller

These secrets of meditation were well known to many ancient civilizations the world over including Indian Yogis and Saddhus who integrated meditaiton, yoga and spiritual symbology into their holy scriptures as well. Even the Atlantean mythos, one of the oldest known religious stories, encodes this ancient spiritual knowledge of "Kundalini Yoga." For instance, in the Atlantean myth, Atlas, the King of Atlantis, held up the entire world upon his shoulders. He had seven daughters, the Hesperides, who spent their days dancing around the Tree of Life. Coiled around the tree, and guarding its golden apples of immortality lived Ladon, the serpent. The kingdom of Atlantis was shaped as three concentric circles of land separated by two concentric circles of water with the "Temple of Poseidon," residing in the very center, where sacred bulls roamed around freely, and sacrificial bulls blood was poured over the exterior of the temple.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Bulls-eye-target

The actual medical term for the top 33rd vertebrae of the spine which holds up your skull is called "Atlas." So when it is said that Atlas holds the world upon his shoulders, it is your head/mind which he holds up, and your skull, when viewed from above, perfectly resembles Atlantis or a "bulls-eye." The bulls-eye at the center is your third-eye which "roams around freely" in a chamber of cerebro-spinal fluid. This is surrounded by the cerebral cortex, which itself is covered by a layer of constantly flowing/pumping (sacrificial bull's) blood, and enclosed by the skull cap: Three concentric circles of solid separated by two concentric circles of liquid.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Atlantis-kundalini

The Tree of Life with Atlas' seven dancing daughters and a serpent coiled around, is similar to symbolism found in the Bible and many other religions throughout history the world over. In the ancient Indian yogic tradition, long pre-dating the Bible, the Tree of Life was your spine with seven "chakra" nerve/energy centers and transformational "kundalini serpent energy" coiled at the base. Through yoga and meditation the kundalini serpent travels up the spine opening and illuminating the chakras one by one. This is why Numbers 8:2 says, "Speak to Aaron, and say unto him, when thou lightest the lamps, the seven lamps shall give light over against the candlestick." The candlestick is your spine and the lamps your chakras (note: "chakra" means "wheel of light"). In Exodus 7:10, "Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent." Again, Aaron's rod is his spine, and the serpent is kundalini. The Egyptian Pharaohs were also well aware of this spiritual symbology, as their traditional headdress was none other than a cobra hood with a serpent coming out their third-eye! Revelation 5:1 reads, "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals," just like your spine, your backside, sealed with seven chakras.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Mpsu9.jpg

Here where I live in Thailand, "Buddha" is their "Jesus," and many believe he performed several similar literal miracles as Jesus, like walking on water, over 500 years prior. Buddha was said to have been born, and instantly began walking, taking seven steps forward, after each step a lotus flower appearing on the ground under his feet. Then after his seventh step, he stopped and shouted, "I am chief of the world!" Now, of course newborn babies cannot talk or walk out of the womb, and lotus flowers cannot magically blossom under one's feet, but the majority of Buddhist literalists here in Thailand, if asked, would agree these things are impossible for anyone else, but make special exception for Buddha! Likewise, the majority of Christian literalists around the world, when asked, agree these things are impossible for anyone else, but make special exception for Jesus!

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Ae751023b6124d9292b8cb2fccd4c1dc

In another tale, taken literally by most Buddhists, Buddha was meditating under a tree when it began to rain heavily. From behind him a huge king cobra came and coiled his body seven times around Buddha's body to keep him warm and placed his hood over Buddha's head to protect him from the rain. After seven days, the rain stopped and the snake turned into a young man who thereafter became one of Buddha's followers. If you asked the average Christian if they believed these Buddhist miracles they would laugh at the idea of a snake turning into a man, but at the same time believe Moses and Aaron's staffs turned into snakes!

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 A006162

The number 7 appears an incredible 735 times in the Bible, more than any other number. In Revelations alone there are 54 sevens including the 7 seals, 7 churches, 7 trumpets, 7 personages, 7 vials, 7 woes, 7 angels, 7 thunders, 7 plagues, 7 glories, and 7 blessings. There are the 7 deadly sins, the 7 days of creation, 7 circles around the wall of Jericho, 7 years building the temple of Solomon, again and again the number 7 is given incredible significance over any other number in the Bible. Christians say the number seven denotes "spiritual perfection" and "divine fullness, completeness, totality." But is that all, what is the real meaning of these, what is the origin of this numerology? 

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Pharaoh

It is the same as Atlas' seven daughters dancing around the Tree of Life. It is the same reason seven lotus blossoms appeared under Buddha's feet. After the 7th day of creation, God had a millennial rest period of a thousand years, because the 7th crown chakra is known as the 1,000 petaled lotus! These myths long pre-dated the Bible and were purposely encoded as symbolic keys to spiritual enlightenment. They were never meant to be read literally or historically! The reason Jesus lived 33 years, is the same reason the first temple of Solomon stood pristine for 33 years, Kind David ruled for 33 years, Leah had 33 children, Freemasons have 33 degrees, and Atlas is your 33rd vertebrae. The spiritual numerology and symbolism in the Bible are there for those with eyes to see, but hidden under literal translation and interpretations by the very left-brained prisoners Jesus sought to free.

Hesus Krishna/General Ancient Religious Figures and Myths   - Page 2 Buddha-krisha-jesus

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Posted by thinkforyourself on 04/06/2015

Apr 5, 2015 5:17:45 GMT Admin said:

Astrotheology Part 1

Astrotheology Part 2

Astrotheology Part 3

Mushroom Mythologies

Thanks for all of your informative replies Eric, they are much appreciated. 

I fully agree that we need to use the right side of our brains, and acknowledge that the stories in the Bible were parables, taken from earlier religions, and that they were not meant to be taken literally. It would be interesting to know which religion was the earliest and the source of all of the others? Could it have originated in Atlantis? 

The only reason that I posted those links was because I am interested in knowing whether there was someone going around preaching the ancient parables 2000 years ago in what is now Palestine and Israel. In the Hitchens' video that you posted, he said that he believes that there was a Rabbi going around preaching the parables at that time.

The links that I posted mention certain historians as sources. Do you think that historians like Celsus and Tacitus were incorrect, or that their work has been mistranslated by bias Christians? Do the texts of Tacitus and Celsus not actually mention Jesus?  

Even though he wouldn't be a miracle worker, could someone called Jesus have existed, spreading a message similar to your own, about meditation, mushrooms, ancient parables, etc, 2000 years ago? Hitchens' made an interesting point that if the entire story was completely fraudulent, the writer's would have had their character 'Jesus' born in Bethlehem, and yet they did not do that, and instead wrote a cover-up to explain why he was born elsewhere. 

Could Jesus have simply been a spiritual and peaceful preacher, spreading the messages that we need to be spiritual, meditate, etc, and the messages of the ancient parables, and could Constantine have simply used him as a starting point for the 'Bible' that he was putting together?  

Either way, I fully acknowledge and agree that Constantine fraudulently had a 'Bible' put together, by mixing different figures and religions together, in order to control people and I am against the Catholic Church and other organised religions.

I am also in full agreement regarding the fact that there are many previous ancient religious figures who tell the same stories and mention the same parables as Jesus, and that if a man called Jesus did exist, he was preaching the same messages as those ancient religions. 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted by schpankme on 04/06/2015

Apr 5, 2015 16:32:42 GMT thinkforyourself said:
Could Jesus have simply been a spiritual and peaceful preacher .. could Constantine have used him as a starting point for the 'Bible'

Constantine created an entirely new god for the Roman Empire to unite all religious factions under one deity; he joined 
Hesus with Krishna (Christ), and thus "Hesus Krishna" would be the official name of the new Roman god. 
[color:ee5b=e62b19][color:ee5b=0a0a0a](Historia Ecclesiastica, Eusebius, c. 325)

"There was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ."

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Apr 5, 2015 16:47:58 GMT schpankme said:
Apr 5, 2015 16:32:42 GMT thinkforyourself said:
Could Jesus have simply been a spiritual and peaceful preacher .. could Constantine have used him as a starting point for the 'Bible'

Constantine created an entirely new god for the Roman Empire to unite all religious factions under one deity; he joined 
Hesus with Krishna (Christ), and thus "Hesus Krishna" would be the official name of the new Roman god. 
[color:20c9=e62b19][color:20c9=0a0a0a](Historia Ecclesiastica, Eusebius, c. 325)

"There was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ."

Thanks for the reply, and I understand and agree with your point. What I am trying to ask is could there have been a preacher 2000 years ago, going around preaching the ancient parables, who was then used as the inspiration for the 'Jesus Christ' in the Bible? 

What do you think about the writings of Celsus and Tacitus? Are they incorrect, or are they being misinterpreted? What do you think about Hitchens' view that there was a human rabbi at the time, running around preaching, with a following? 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Apr 5, 2015 16:52:06 GMT thinkforyourself said:
could there have been a preacher 2000 years ago, 
going around preaching the ancient parables, 
who was then used as the inspiration for the 'Jesus Christ' in the Bible? 

Roma at the time promoted all Religions, this created Sects, which are pitted against one another, and brought  in 
large amounts of Revenue to the Capital (all roads lead to Rome).

"Constantine developed an all-embracing-religion, in an age of crass ignorance, with nine-tenths of the peoples of 
Europe illiterate, stabilizing religious splinter groups was only one of Constantine's problems."   
(Catholic Encyclopedia, Pecci ed., vol. iii, p. 299, passim)

Constantine saw through these fragmented dogmas  an  opportunity  to  create  a  new  State  Religion,  neutral  in 
concept, and protected by law.  Constantine, issued a decree commanding  all  presbyters  and  their  subordinates 
travel to the city of Nicaea" in the Roman province of Bithynia in Asia Minor.  "They  were  instructed  to bring with 
them the testimonies they orated to the  rabble,  "bound  in  leather"  for  protection  during  the  long  journey, and 
surrender them to Constantine upon arrival in Nicaea.
"  
(The Catholic Dictionary, Addis and Arnold, 1917, "Council of Nicaea" entry). 

"Their writings totaled "in all, two thousand two hundred and thirty-one scrolls  and  legendary  tales  of 
gods and saviors." 

(Life of Constantine, op. cit., vol. ii, p. 73; N&PNF, op. cit., vol. i, p. 518).

ref: Tony Bushby, The Bible Fraud, The Secret in the Bible

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Apr 5, 2015 17:27:15 GMT schpankme said:
Apr 5, 2015 16:52:06 GMT thinkforyourself said:
could there have been a preacher 2000 years ago, going around preaching the ancient parables, who was then used as the inspiration for the 'Jesus Christ' in the Bible? 

Roma at the time promoted all Religions, this created Sects, which are pitted against one another, and brought in large amounts 
of Revenue to the Capital (all roads lead to Rome).

"Constantine developed an all-embracing-religion, in an age of crass ignorance, with nine-tenths of the peoples of Europe illiterate, 
stabilizing religious splinter groups was only one of Constantine's problems."   
(Catholic Encyclopedia, Pecci ed., vol. iii, p. 299, passim)

Constantine saw through these fragmented dogmas an opportunity to create a new State Religion, neutral in concept, and protected 
by law.  Constantine, issued a decree commanding all presbyters and their subordinates travel to the city of Nicaea" in the Roman 
province of Bithynia in Asia Minor. "They were instructed to bring with them the testimonies they orated to the rabble, "bound in 
leather" for protection during the long journey, and surrender them to Constantine upon arrival in Nicaea.
"  
(The Catholic Dictionary, Addis and Arnold, 1917, "Council of Nicaea" entry). 

"Their writings totaled "in all, two thousand two hundred and thirty-one scrolls and legendary tales of gods and saviors." 
(Life of Constantine, op. cit., vol. ii, p. 73; N&PNF, op. cit., vol. i, p. 518).

ref: Tony Bushby, The Bible Fraud, The Secret in the Bible

Thanks for answering that part of my comment. What about my other questions? What do you think about the authenticity of Celsus and Tacitus? 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Apr 5, 2015 17:57:44 GMT schpankme said:
Apr 5, 2015 17:48:01 GMT thinkforyourself said:
Thanks for answering that part of my comment. What about my other questions? What do you think about the authenticity of Celsus and Tacitus? 

What don't you answer this question for yourself based on the information provided?

Cornelius Tacitus (55 - 120 AD) promotes the Biblical account of Jesus' execution by Pontius Pilate (26-36 AD).

Hesus Christ was created in 325 AD.

I don't understand? How could Tacitus (55-120 AD), promote the Biblical account, if Hesus Christ was created in 325? 

What are you saying? 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Apr 5, 2015 18:16:05 GMT thinkforyourself said:
What are you saying? 

The Roman Church created the Story, since Tacitus couldn't know about Jesus 200 years before his creation on paper.
These are the same people who sold you that Model Globe with the pearl inlay, the Big Bang, Gravity, ect. ect.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Apr 5, 2015 18:25:12 GMT schpankme said:
Apr 5, 2015 18:16:05 GMT thinkforyourself said:
What are you saying? 

The Roman Church created the Story, since Tacitus couldn't know about Jesus 200 years before his creation on paper.
These are the same people who sold you that Model Globe with the pearl inlay, the Big Bang, Gravity, ect. ect.

So you are saying that Tacitus was a fraud or that his work was made-up and

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Apr 5, 2015 18:29:44 GMT thinkforyourself said:
So you are saying that Tacitus was a fraud or that his work was made-up and is not reliable? That is what I want to know. 

tac·it
adjective: tacit
synonyms: implicit, understood, implied
Latin: tacitus

They story of Jesus as proclaimed by someone from history, named "Tacitus", is a fraud. 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Apr 5, 2015 18:52:17 GMT schpankme said:
Apr 5, 2015 18:29:44 GMT thinkforyourself said:
So you are saying that Tacitus was a fraud or that his work was made-up and is not reliable? That is what I want to know. 

tac·it
adjective: tacit
synonyms: implicit, understood, implied
Latin: tacitus

They story of Jesus as proclaimed by someone from history, named "Tacitus", is a fraud. 

So Tacitus and Celsus are also fictional characters and part of Constantine's fraud?

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who knows, fact is CHRISTIANITY and the story of Hesus Christ is the State Supported Religion, alive and active today.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Posted by lizardking on 04/06/2015

Apr 5, 2015 18:57:42 GMT schpankme said:
Who knows, fact is CHRISTIANITY and the story of Hesus Christ is the State Supported Religion, and is alive and active today.

That is obviously true. thinkforyourself is trying to separate the possibility of a man existing during that time period (that could have potentially in part inspired the fraud?) from the Bible and all that was written in later years.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next