Life is Just a Dream - Death is Just Waking Up

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Life is Just a Dream - Death is Just Waking Up

Post by Ireckonso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:49 am

Like using flat earth to differentiate between peoples understanding of things what thought they've given to life and death is revealing as well.  Sometimes it's baffling...  Let me pause to give thanks for the life of Tom Petty, my favorite performer/ songwriter.  He now knows what we do not...
There's a couple of forks in the road that can mentioned.  Being that I am currently in the body, my dualism tells me if A is right and B though Z are different than B through Z are wrong.  If Springfield is over there it can't be over here.  Makes it hard for me to adapt to an all roads lead to the same place gestalt.  How each of us resolves this question immediately sends us down our own roads.  Then we each answer the question of how we are connected to God.  For some we come from God we return to God sometimes with steps in-between.   For others we live we die that's it.  Most fall somewhere in the first group.  
But the biggest question has to be who is God.  Why does He do what He does?  However you answer that dictates the rest.  If we rush to figure out the first two forks before contemplating this we go nowhere.  The only way I can make sense out of this life is to believe this is a test of fire, a light that reveals everything about us.  We develop we become what is our individual essence.  God uses life to separate the wheat from the chaff the chosen from the lost.  I think the books are right.  God first created beings greater than ourselves and did something similar, now here we are, what comes next?  We shun a future belief of fire and brimstone because it ends our free reign preferring instead something less punitive.  But to be free of harsh realities the next world would have to be completely unlike this one.  I'm going with this world prepares us for the next.  The realities exposed in us during this life determine the realities we experience in the next.  
In the movie Secondhand Lions Robert Duvall gives a what every boy needs to know to become a man speech.  In it he says, "Some things you believe in not because they're true but because if they aren't they ought to be."  I think we know what ought to be true because our inner voice tells us it is.  And I think everyone hears that voice even if they can't respond to it.

Ireckonso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 am

Ireckonso wrote:
life and death is revealing as well
Sometimes it's baffling...  
Tom Petty, now knows what we do not...

how we are connected to God 
who is God
Why does He do what He does
I think the books are right
this world prepares us for the next
this life determine the realities we experience in the next
we know what ought to be true because our inner voice tells us it is

So, under the guise of Tom Petty's death; you tell us about being Indoctrinated to PENIS WORSHIP as read in the Abrahamic Religions?

Did your HE God create the HE Man, and then the Women could go forth and populate the world, make all the decisions and do all the negotiating for most Tribes, outside of PENIS WORSHIP?

Schpankme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireckonso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Not sure how you got your conclusions from what I said.  I brought up Tom Petty to point out two things.  One, death becomes more more real when you see someone who has been part of your life for so many years leave for good.  Second, I felt it was a nice way to remind everyone in this topic to remember WE DON'T KNOW.  We're alive... so we are guessing.  No one is an authority.   Neither of us knows.  
Perhaps I should go back to something you may have missed in my talking points.  Harsh reality is another way of saying the school of hard knocks.  Many talk about a pathway in this life and the next that leads to becoming god or a higher being than we are now.  Let me tweak that a bit.  I believe we are eternal beings.  At death we shed this body and our soul leaves it.  Some more than others sense this soul, this eternal being we are and mistake it for being god.  More correctly I believe we have a higher place in the universe than the condition we find ourselves in now in this mortal body but it is not to become god.  Rather we are finding our place in the universe.  Where we belong.  Everyone does not get the top spot.  Yes we have the capacity to become greater but we are not the creator, that role is already taken.  
Shunning fire and brimstone because it puts limits on our freedoms is to say you can't have it all.  Finding your place means learning and accepting your limits.  It's the first lesson we learn when we cry as a baby.  We have limits and are dependent on ones greater than ourselves.  It's a hard lesson.  Some cultures teach this as learning self control.  Wax on wax off.  As you grow you find no matter how good you get at anything there's always someone better.  
Yes I fall into the camp with those believing in the God of the bible.  Shoot me.  It saddens me to think that some find that so offensive although I am fully aware of of how messed up many have been holding to that belief system.  As per the Big Bamboo Album, "I used to be messed up on drugs now I'm messed up on God."    I think the benefit of having this discussion is to put our beliefs into words, a process which clarifies our thoughts.  Not using traditional words to describe our beliefs forces us to think through our beliefs from other perspectives and broadens our search for truth.  
Supposing that everyone in this forum believes in the flat earth with a firmament leads me to think most believe earth was created.  If I believe in the God of the bible it does not have to follow that I am the same thick headed annoying type of individual that has bothered you before.
Peace.

Ireckonso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireckonso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 pm

There was a brilliant young woman constantly seeking knowledge who heard of yogi across the world holding the answers to the secret of life.  Quickly she abandoned everything and sought out after him.  After a long hard journey she was led to the top of a great mountain where she found the yogi sitting in the snow, eyes closed, meditating.  Politely she waited for his eyes to open.  The next day they did and she pleaded with him to share his great secret.  Whereupon he raised a finger to the heavens and declared, "Life is like a waterfall."  At this the woman stood and hollered, "You mean to tell me I traveled across the world to hear you tell me life is like a waterfall?!  Surprised the yogi looked up at her and replied, "You mean it isn't?"

Ireckonso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Ireckonso wrote:  
I [believe] in the God of the bible
I'm messed up on God
this forum believes in the flat earth with a firmament
most believe earth was created
it does not have to follow that I am the same thick headed annoying type of individual that has bothered you before

You are exactly as I have described, you came here thinking you would some how interject Biblical Bullshit into this forum; let me suggest you move along and/or sit back and read this forum.

Please READ the Topic:  Warning For Religious People
Schpankme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm

What I find amusing is with religion it's all about getting in to heaven, be a good slave, follow the rules and in the next life you will be rewarded.
Main point is: Do as you're told and you will be reward in the future.

Mainstream life is much the same, do as you're told, work hard at school, work hard at your job and you'll be rewarded in the future with material possessions and wealth.
Main point is: Do as you're told and you'll be rewarded in the future.

Anyone see a pattern there? Do as you're told by an omnipotent system and you'll be rewarded in the future, whether religion or mainstream life.
In fact, all that really matters is the present, what you do NOW is more important than the future.

In the same way the bible commands followers to adhere to Gods rules, our social system commands us to follow the rules & subsequent laws and woe-betide anyone who does not follow those rules.
Damnation in hell or life in prison, sounds like the same control system to me!

FL@T-E@RTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireckonso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Wow!  Schpankme chill  out.  Yea though I walk through the valley of poop I will not let it stick to me.  Sorry you feel so threatened.  Ya know there are many things that can hurt you in life.  No one can protect you from that.  But I hope you are able to move forward when they occur.  
I came here to share, give and receive.  I am not a trojan horse.  You see the name I chose for this forum.  It implies agreement.  I came to find and explore places where other flat earthers and I can enable each other to grow.  What, do you think I just opened up the page and started typing? Trust me I've read what others think. I'm not basing what I think on what others think. If I wanted to be a negative force, dividing and making trouble I might start attacking someone I disagree with.  
As for the pattern in this life of doing what you're told leading to reward maybe we should take a step back and look at that again.  Jesus broke the rules, Martin Luther broke the rules, the founders of America broke the rules, flat earthers are breaking the rules.  There are several layers of thinking that lead a person to "obey" or break the rules.  Certainly some obey because they are told.  Others do it to answer to a higher calling.  To throw out obedience because some obey due to low levels of thought does not encapsulate all forms of obedience.  If you walk off a cliff you will die.  Like it or not.  If told not to walk off cliffs yes you will be another birdbrained obeyer but it could be you were told this for your own good. We must not be so reckless as to make things so simplistic.  If you mother says,"Come here," are you coming because she said so or because you love your mother?  
It cannot be denied that blind obedience has been used by all forms bullies to foist agendas on allowed behavior.  Those here in this forum have naturally been selected as ones who won't always obey.  We have minds of our own.  And you know what?  I might say something that later I find out is wrong.  OMG?  I might learn something.

Ireckonso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum