The Sun, Moon, and Stars Prove the Flat Earth

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New moon phase

Post by Leroy Wilbury on Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi, i got problem with the new moon phase. Wikipedia says:
[i]In astronomy, new moon is the first phase of the Moon, when it orbits not seen from the Earth, the moment when the Moon and the Sun have the same ecliptical longitude.[1] The Moon is not visible[note 1] at this time except when it is seen in silhouette during a solar eclipse when it is illuminated by earthshine. See the article on phases of the Moon for further details.[i] So far, so good. That means, when i understand that correctly, i stand on earth, look to the sky at the moon, but i cannot see them, because the sun is in one line behind the moon. In nighttime? That means to me, i could only see a new moon on daytime... If i´m wrong, show me the mistake in my explanation... That´s pretty important for me to know that. I have already a lot of discussions where i life. This would be for me a further indication the prove the earth is not a spinning ball... Best regards from Germany

Leroy Wilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun, Moon, and Stars Prove the Flat Earth

Post by Schpankme on Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Leroy Wilbury wrote:
i got problem with the new moon phase

Wikipedia says:
new moon is the first phase of the Moon
when it orbits not seen from the Earth
illuminated by earthshine

The flat Earth does not illuminate the Moon; your wiki cut & paste is a Heliocentric straw-man.

What specifically are you asking?
Schpankme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leroy Wilbury on Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Please read my post better, i need a confirmation of my statement. That i only could see a new moon phase at daytime, if Wiki was true... (i know that is not true) emphasis is placed on IF

Leroy Wilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme on Wed May 17, 2017 12:51 am

Leroy Wilbury wrote:
Please read my post better
i need a confirmation
i only see a new moon at daytime

I've never heard of seeing the New Moon only during the day; if this was the case for the Heliocentric Model then there would be a BLACK CIRCLE in the sky from sun rise to sun set.

It has been shown that the moon is not a reflector of the sun's light, but is self-luminous. That the luminosity is confined to one-half its surface is sufficiently shown by the fact that at "new moon" the entire circle or outline of the whole moon is often distinctly visible, but the darker outline or circle is always apparently less than the segment which is illuminated. It is a well ascertained fact that a luminous body appears larger, or subtends a greater angle at the eye, than a body of exactly the same magnitude, but which is not luminous. Hence, it is logically fair to conclude that as the part of the moon which is non-luminous is always of less magnitude than the part which is luminous, that luminosity is attached to a part only. From this fact it is easily understood that "new moon," "full moon," and "gibbous moon," are simply the different proportions of the illuminated surface which are presented to the observer on earth.
Earth Not A Globe, Samuel Birley Rowbotham, 1881

ref:  http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za61.htm

A SOLAR eclipse is the result simply of the moon passing between the sun and the observer on earth.
many cases are on record of the sun and moon being eclipsed when both were above the horizon
Earth Not A Globe, Samuel Birley Rowbotham, 1881

ref:  http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za29.htm

Schpankme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leroy Wilbury on Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 am

I know that, and thanks for the time and explaning. We in Germany have spell who said, you try to open a door, who is already open... but there are still a couple people around me, so roundabout 80 Millions, who believe that bull-shit what anyone can read by Wiki. I noticed now that I get people to listen to me when I say do you like riddles. Then I explain briefly what in wiki, as e.g. The new moon. Then I explain briefly how I see the picture and ask the question whether he agrees with me. That with the New Moon was just another project to explain to people that we are being kicked here. I just wanted to know from you guys, if I have what the Wiki writes figuratively reproduced correctly. There it says: In astronomy, new moon is the first phase of the Moon, when it orbits not seen from the Earth, the moment when the Moon and the Sun have the same ecliptical longitude.This means, if I have understood it correctly: I look at the sky at nighttime, but can not see the moon because it is radiated from the sun from behind. But if that were true... Did anyone see the sun shining at night, or their corona would have to be visible? Do you agree?

Leroy Wilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mar L on Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 am

Leroy Wilbury wrote:I know that, and thanks for the time and explaning. We in Germany have spell who said, you try to open a door, who is already open... but there are still a couple people around me, so roundabout 80 Millions, who believe that bull-shit what anyone can read by Wiki. I noticed now that I get people to listen to me when I say do you like riddles. Then I explain briefly what in wiki, as e.g. The new moon. Then I explain briefly how I see the picture and ask the question whether he agrees with me. That with the New Moon was just another project to explain to people that we are being kicked here. I just wanted to know from you guys, if I have what the Wiki writes figuratively reproduced correctly. There it says: In astronomy, new moon is the first phase of the Moon, when it orbits not seen from the Earth, the moment when the Moon and the Sun have the same ecliptical longitude.This means, if I have understood it correctly: I look at the sky at nighttime, but can not see the moon because it is radiated from the sun from behind. But if that were true... Did anyone see the sun shining at night, or their corona would have to be visible? Do you agree?

My gosh. ..ok I wouldn't normally comment on someone's grammar in  a forum where the main purpose is truth but let me just say the following.  I've read almost all the posts here and while you can tell if someone is a native speaker or not, everybody seems to write clearly and succinctly so as to be understood by other members. Your post here and the previous one that Schpankme so kindly answered for you were not quite as comprehensible as you probably imagined. You ask IF wiki were true THEN wouldn't this also be true  and in using this conditional structure you answered your own question-wiki was obviously wrong and in turn what you were purporting must also be incorrect (as it is). Schpankme answered you but you inadvertently  answered yourself anyway. Your post above,  even to me as an ESL  teacher for many years, makes little sense and I fear that you won't be able to get the responses you are searching for as members may not grasp what you're trying to say. I'd try to write simpler sentence structure or do a quick grammar check if you are requiring specific responses to your posts. Apologies for being bit teacher-ish but your language barrier may stand in the way of  your search for answers.

Mar L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum