Operation: Spread Flat Earth Truth

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has this community begun thinking about an alternative to youtube yet? RE: Growing Censorship / Shadow banning

Post by Emeraldacid on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Obviously you want to be ON the big platform otherwise the average joe might have zero hope of ever questioning his reality. That being said, am I the only one worried about the fact that this entire movement is basically thriving on the pillars of youtube and therefore google?

Urban dictionary definition of Shadow Banning incase you are reading this and have never experienced it:

Banning a user from a web forum in such a way that the banned user is unaware of the ban. Usually takes the form of showing that user's posts/profile/etc. only to that user; other users never see them. Considered underhanded chicken-shit behavior.

You may have noticed this happening to your posts on facebook, youtube, reddit etc. They are able to control the number of likes, dislikes and visibility from behind the scenes. While this entire movement spread virally through these platforms, it could just as easily be snuffed out if we continue flocking to those platforms exclusively.

For all you know you could be flagged as a FE person, and your posts are automatically fucked with by an algorithm. You could even be awarded fake likes to hide the fact that your post is only shown to YOU and not the other people on the channel. Alternatively they could only show your post to subsets of other similarly flagged people, compartmentalizing you. Either case is a form of shadow banning

I guess I am suggesting that the more web savvy members of the truth movement begin working out at least SOME kind of alternative. Thoughts?

Emeraldacid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Operation: Spread Flat Earth Truth

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:01 pm

I hoped on to Del's live chat yesterday to give my support and talk about a few flat Earth issues including an update on Kan Ev Art and my flat Earth children's book, the ineffectiveness of recent chat raids, and the much more effective and polite forms of activism being shown by people like Del, John Smith, and several others on the Flat Earth Activism channel. Please subscribe and support these excellent channels:

Beyond the Imaginary Curve:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvswlgeHodOejVN21TWweLw

Flat Earth Activism:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTtfKTvPXncvnKtg9EfBLjQ

John Smith:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68Pd2nnxGX5r7-t2xiDwdQ
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeraldacid on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm

It's so weird to hear myself using words like "we" and "movement" and to be talking about waking people up. I feel like I and many others sort of begrudgingly ended up being a part of this after not being able to reconcile the points made. That unopened chest in the corner of the conspiracy room I guess. Yet here we are- all paranoid and glancing at each other wondering who is real and who is going to end up being another Joe Rogan pre-planted "shill" (popular word these days I guess)

These are some strange times we're in.  It's probably important we all stop and check ourselves now and not turn into the raging cunts we're fighting. I catch myself slipping into that mode sometimes when I get sucked into a youtube comment fight (try to avoid these as I feel my time is better spent elsewhere, but they happen dont they) and it feels gross.

I agree, a more sensible approach is best. Though you can see them already mocking it on the JRE ex: "Ok ok mr  IM JUST SAYING"- Basically they're riling everyone up to the point where no matter how sensibly you bring it up they're going to insult you. That's going to be a fun one to deal with...

Doesn't change my mind though- we can't turn into an army of cunts. Just cant.

Emeraldacid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:45 am

Here's a great idea, much more effective than chat raids
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Realearth on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 pm