IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence

5 posters

Go down

Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence Empty Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence

Post by Admin Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:31 pm

As a martial artist, first and foremost, I’m not interested in “Wing Chun,” “tradition,” or “style.”  I’m not interested in flashy acrobatics, winning tournaments, or what looks cool.  I’m only interested in what works.  What keeps you alive in real life and death fight situations?  What is the most effective way to defeat one or many opponents with or without weapons?  How is the human body best trained to become a master of self-defense?  What techniques, drills, and concepts must become second-nature to ensure proper reaction and adaptation during the chaos of real-life combat?  How can any system or style cover the literally infinite potential dangers faced?  With so many different martial arts from all over the world, how can one separate the wheat from the chaff and discern which is the most effective?  For more information on the subjects covered in the video please visit:  http://www.BangkokWingChun.com

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence Empty Re: Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence

Post by Foreverlearning Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Great informative video Eric. I personally have no martial arts training, but it always seemed logical to me to use your opponents momentum against them and to always have the upper hand in leverage. Thanks again Brother.
Foreverlearning
Foreverlearning

Back to top Go down

Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence Empty Re: Wing Chun - The Science of Self Defence

Post by Admin Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 pm

The following video is a 3-hour compilation of all recorded training sessions with my Bangkok Wing Chun students spanning the course of several years and integrating many different martial arts including Wing Chun, Kali, Boxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwondo and more, complete with fast-paced editing and motivational music.  For whatever reason, YouTube has recently made all my videos over 4 years old inaccessible from my channel, so I wanted to put all my old training videos (along with all my newer ones) together into this one mega-compilation to be preserved for posterity.  To learn more about my martial philosophies and the science of self-defense please visit:  http://www.ericdubay.com/?p=1201

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superuserdo Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:54 am

I found that learning wing chun (which I did for a few years and maybe will again sometime) created a situation where I no longer saw potential conflicts in the street. It's hard to explain but when you train yourself in self defense you gain in confidence and then you carry an ''air of security'' about your person and people seem to see it somehow -so conflict  passes you by. I guess the idiots out there can sense that you are no longer ''easy meat'' on a subconscious level. Either that or its the ''contingency'' thing. Have you noticed that when you have a 'contingency' that you never seem to need to employ it?

Paradox?
superuserdo
superuserdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Realearth Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 am

superuserdo wrote:I found that learning wing chun (which I did for a few years and maybe will again sometime) created a situation where I no longer saw potential conflicts in the street. It's hard to explain but when you train yourself in self defense you gain in confidence and then you carry an ''air of security'' about your person and people seem to see it somehow -so conflict  passes you by. I guess the idiots out there can sense that you are no longer ''easy meat'' on a subconscious level. Either that or its the ''contingency'' thing. Have you noticed that when you have a 'contingency' that you never seem to need to employ it?

Paradox?

IMHO, Perhaps its all in your own mind, not in others, self fulfilling response perceived of others.
Realearth
Realearth

Back to top Go down

Post by superuserdo Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:48 am

Realearth wrote:
superuserdo wrote:I found that learning wing chun (which I did for a few years and maybe will again sometime) created a situation where I no longer saw potential conflicts in the street. It's hard to explain but when you train yourself in self defense you gain in confidence and then you carry an ''air of security'' about your person and people seem to see it somehow -so conflict  passes you by. I guess the idiots out there can sense that you are no longer ''easy meat'' on a subconscious level. Either that or its the ''contingency'' thing. Have you noticed that when you have a 'contingency' that you never seem to need to employ it?

Paradox?

IMHO, Perhaps its all in your own mind, not in others, self fulfilling response perceived of others.

Yes that's the point. If we get into a struggle its because of what we have going on on the inside anyway. If you think about it the right mental approach removes the need to learn any kind of self defense but if we view society as having hostile elements we encounter them. As it happened I only trained because I saw an advert in the newspaper and I thought it looked cool. It was and I enjoyed learning to synchronize my body. Other people in the dojo talked of fighting in the street but I never spoke that way. There are obvious benefits either way.
superuserdo
superuserdo

Back to top Go down

Post by jewry/trannywood Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Completely agree. I started WC, under Ip Chun lineage (i agree Eric, it doesnt matter) years ago when i worked as a bouncer. Once I had a decent ability in it i didnt seem to end up in fights anymore, like they knew.
Ive since trained under 4 different lineages all with their own quirks and many Sifus incorporate BJJ, different weapons and some other MMA moves or counters. Couldnt recommend WC enough. It works in the street, no doubts about tbat.
Eric, wow you are extremely proficient and skilled. Working my way through the vids. Impressive!

jewry/trannywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks man, takes one to know one! I think Wing Chun should definitely be supplemented with BJJ, Kali, Western Boxing, Taekwondo etc. for best results, but is a perfect base system for practical self-defense and philosophically really quite deep and logical. I too couldn't recommend it enough:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum