Jesus Christ Never Existed

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jesus Christ Never Existed - Page 4 Empty Re: Jesus Christ Never Existed

Post by markwilson on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:18 pm

"Recipe to make a god: Take 33 1/3 per centum Ignorance, 33 1/3 per centum Credulity and 33 1/3 Human Ingenuity. Mix carefully and let stand until fermentation sets in. Then add quant. suf. [quantities sufficient] extract of the Miraculous, and vary strength of the mixture to suit powers of resistance of locality" [i.e., the resistance of a particular locality's challenge to the priestcraft's claim the god literally exists] —Ingersoll Lockwood, Laconics of Cult, Section First, SUPERSTITION

"I know little of thy Jewish demi-god. We do not love the Jews in this imperial [Roman] capital. They are the butt of our ridicule on the stage, sodden in credulity and superstition. Our great poet Horace says: Credat Judaeus Apella!" —Ibid.

"Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego"
A common Latin saying meaning "Let the Jew Apella believe it; not I". The phrase means, roughly, tell it to someone else, not me. The reference is taken from the work Satires (book one, satire five) by ancient poet Horace. It is derived from a scene where people try to convince travellers of miracles happening at their shrines. The phrase is uttered to convey the disbelief and that they should tell their stories to someone else. (emphasis added) https://tinyurl.com/ycwhdf9v
markwilson
markwilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum